Cerreto D'Esi, Italy
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Whether looking at existing products or processes or starting from scratch, you’ll have the freedom to bring your curiosity to work, every day. That might be by going out into the world and seeing what you can make, better, being innovative with customer insight or brainstorming ideas with colleagues or experts. In every case, whether building a business case or a prototype, you’ll most often work on a project or projects from start to finish, positively seeking out the challenges and working methodically to overcome them. If you share our passion for realising potential, you’ll find yourself making driving all kinds of transformation that impacts on all kinds of lives.
You will develop mechanical solutions for cooker hoods, focused on new product development and module development
Your main tasks:
• Draw Creation and Release.
• Give Input for Bill of Material.
• Design development on cost reduction, complexity reduction and on quality projects.
• Analyse of technical solutions with suppliers, factory and other involved functions.
• Identify standardization opportunities.
• Communicate with the other teams in the Platform to find common solutions.
• Understand, change and create component and product specifications.
• Create new mechanical components.
• Understand and evaluate safety and environmental impacts.
• Use robust design tools (FMEA, product map, safety audit, project planning).
• Part approval: understand technical tests results to take decision on design development & final approval.
Who you are:
• Curious - You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
• Collaborative - You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
• Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
• Communicative - You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
• Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
• Results-driven - Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
• Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering; or High School Degree with min 5 years of experience
• Experience in Product Development min 3 years
• Experience in Product Development in home-appliances business area is appreciated
• Experience in Product Development in cooker-hoods business area is very appreciated
• Ability to take initiative, being proactive and creative
• Attitude to continuous improvement & innovation in all the job areas
• Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
• Experience in an international organization / company is appreciated
• Experience in manufacturing processes (metal cutting, bending and welding; metal forming; molding,...)
• Experience in material technologies is appreciated (plastics, steels, …)
• Availability to travel
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on: https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/649881a8-78d7-48bc-b692-4b6ccc70b6b9