Look for opportunity. Bring it to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Location: Porcia, Italy, only 1 hour distance from Venice.
We are a thriving team of project leaders and skilled engineers focused on the next European Tumble Dryers Platform in Europe.
For our European R&D Fabric Care Tumble Dryer Platform team within the multicultural Global R&D, we are looking for a Mechanical designer who will work on different projects and technical initiatives in cooperation with different Team members and with different objectives.
In this role you will be responsible for the execution and the reporting of quality improvement or costs optimization activities and to be the Leader of small projects with specific targets to hit in terms of time frame, cost and quality level. You will work with an enthusiastic and passionate cross-functional team centred on bringing the best customer experience in millions of homes.
· Drawing Creation and Release.
· Give Input for Bill of Material.
· Design development for cost reduction, complexity reduction and quality improvement.
· Analyze technical solutions with suppliers, factory, and other involved functions.
· Design new mechanical components based on existing architectures.
· Ensure execution of product & process FMEA, project/activities planning, as well as of product Risk Assessment, making use of tools & system the company makes available for the purpose
· lead small projects for new product development with a given time frame, cost and quality target, from early definition to the approval of production series and present status of the projects or activities during Check Point meetings to the Steering Committee (responsible for final decision on the project).
· Support Project Portfolio and related Product Development activities within Platform Team
· Drive problem solving analysis and recovery action plan definition
· Participate and support discussions with Suppliers to solve technical issues
· Ensure that design of new components will fits principle of modularity and integration at the base of current modules & architectures
· Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred with min 3 years of experience; or High School Degree with min 4 years of experience in R&D function as mechanical designer or technical leader
· Knowledge in mechanical components and systems design, development and industrialization
· Basic knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal processes, injection moulding, die casting) and assembling.
· CAE knowledge (mainly FEM structural), fluid dynamic, metal forming, moulding, thermal analysis are a plus.
· Good Knowledge of new parts’ approval methodologies
· Basic knowledge of Product Certification requirements for main geographical areas (EU, NA, etc.).
· Basic knowledge of 3D design tool (CATIA is preferred).
· Basic knowledge of thermodynamics.
· Basic Knowledge of FMEA and Risk Assessment methodologies
· Basic knowledge of product cost structure & financial principles (DM, DL, F-OH, fixed & variable costs, etc.)
· Languages: English essential, plus any other European languages to a technical level are an advantage.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
What to learn more about what drives us? Watch this video about how at Electrolux we reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living around the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xELrrVk19tw
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.