Mechanical Developer, CX Care
Innovate enjoyable and sustainable experiences for our consumers.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia, our site nearby Pordenone city. Porcia is the biggest Electrolux site in Italy, dedicated to our Product Line Care. Here we develop Washing Machine, Dish Washer and Tumble Dryer for our consumers worldwide.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work in the Consumer Experience (CX) Technology organization, within Care R&D, to join the Control Panels Development team, today counting seven experts.
In this role you will work with a focus on Fabric care products, such as Laundry Machines, Tumble Dryers and Washing Dryers. The projects you will join have a global reach, indeed you will develop components for products that will be sell on the markets worldwide.
Your main tasks:
When the design teams have developed the new solution, you will be the one taking the lead of the development of the components, working closely with other internal stakeholders and external suppliers there to support you.
There is a wide range of plastic components you will be working on, from a simple push button to a more complex electronic or mechatronic assembly.
In the R&D community the work goes from research to product maintenance.
It means thinking about new technologies, new materials and the application of these with new concepts on mass productions.
On a regular day at work you will:
• Create and validate mechanical components/system taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety etc.)
• Drive the execution of mechanical development activities
• Develop detailed mechanical design and support test specifications to product level validation
• Create mechanical design options to meet design specifications, manufacturing processes and assembly requirements
• Recommend modifications based on prototype testing to validate parts based on DFMA, DFC, DFQ,
• Outline designs based on technical specifications and plan for production process implication
• Cooperate with the laboratories, test and evaluate mechanical designs and concepts to meet the specified functionality/features, quality and cost targets
• Participate in system/module/platform/architecture definition and its reviews in line with standardization & modularization guideline
• Participate in supplier evaluation and selection
• Monitor and commission changes to plant and systems (PLM, …) and support part/product approval
• Supply all technical input for product literature, BOM, labels, technical manuals, etc.
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with previous relevant work experience;
• 2D and 3D drawing skills (preferably Auto CAD; Catia V5);
• Italian and English language – fluent
• Experience of working with prototypes, knowledge of main technology development processes and plastic materials will be a plus.
• Smooth communicator. You are able to establish a good cooperation with various internal and external stakeholders.
• Proactive. You have a drive to move things forward and achieve the results.
• Operational Performance. You display a mature approach and a reliable work ethic.
• Strong Team Player. You are able to work and deliver under pressure in high performing cross-functional team.
• Open to travel. You will cooperate with teams across the globe and might be required to travel overseas.
In this role , besides the development and maintenance of components for Washing Machine, Dish Washer and Tumble Dryer appliances, is the international environment .
You will work closely with colleagues from all over the world, get to understand different realities, cultures and people, as well as be part of an open-minded team, where your creativity and ideas are Welcome
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.