Mechanical Development Engineer
Challenge the way we do engineering. For the better.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are looking for a Mechanical Development Engineer within the Global Fabric/Dish Care R&D. Specifically she/he’ll be part of the Electronic Development team, located in Porcia (PN), Italy. The Electronic Development team is in charge to develop and maintain the electronic boards for our appliances.
You will apply technology solutions to develop new products/modules/systems and current product improvements by generation, evaluation, analysis and development of Design concepts. You will work on a new project or current production improvements from the initial brief, through the design and development stage, to the testing of one or more prototypes, right through to final manufacture and implementation.
We are a strong team of highly skilled engineers who work on most innovative mechanical architecture solutions. Due to the successful growth of the business we are looking for a mechanical engineer passionate about Mechanical Design and product development, who would challenge the way we do engineering and develop complete appliances technical solutions using cutting edge technology.
Join us in our ambition to redesign the future our washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers putting our customer’s experience at the core of our global innovative solutions.
Embrace a diverse international team. Gain exposure to a global R&D major appliances world. Travel internationally… and revolutionize the way we do and improve things for the better!
• Create and validate mechanical components / system taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety etc.)
• Develop detailed mechanical design and support test specifications to product level validation
• Create mechanical design options to meet design specifications, manufacturing processes and assembly requirements
• Recommend modifications based on prototype testing to validate parts based on DFMA, DFC, DFQ, …
• Outline designs based on technical specifications and plan for production process implication
• In cooperation with the laboratories, test and evaluate mechanical designs and concepts to meet the specified functionality/features, quality and cost targets
• Develop designs & system and validate through calculation / simulation modelling (CAE, MBD) and prototype/experimental testing
• Participate in supplier evaluation and selection
• Monitor and commission changes to plant and systems (PLM, …) and support part/product approval
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 1 to 3 years of experience in related structured or multinational business
• Basic experience in Project/Program Management is preferred.
• Excellent spoken and written English language.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.