Mechanical Development Engineer
SHAPE LIVING FOR THE BETTER
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia, our site nearby Pordenone city. Porcia is the biggest Electrolux site in Italy, dedicated to our Product Line Care. Here we develop Washing Machine, Dish Washer and Tumble Dryer for our consumers worldwide.
As mechanical development engineer, you will be part of Consumer Experience Care organization and will be responsible for development of components and/or subsystems applied to domestic laundry products from conceptualization to introduction in production throughout prototype and testing phases inside an international team
Your main tasks:
• Responsible for creating mechanical design solutions to meet specification requirements (technical and performance specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety, quality, cost, etc.)
• Responsible for component design from conceptualization to industrialization, ensuring standardization & modularization approach.
• Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining 3D and 2D models in CAD (PLM).
• Responsible for defining test plan to assess and certify design robustness and adherence to specifications (collaborating with Development Lab and Quality organizations).
• Support component supply specification and test manual definition for components/modules.
• Drive analysis of technical solutions collaborating with suppliers, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, and other involved functions.
• Support component and product approval process: define components critical dimensions and critical characteristics; interpret inspection results and provide disposition (approve/reject/accommodate); support M&E on tooling approval process.
• Support Technical Leader on project deliveries / documentation (product literature, BOM, technical manuals, etc.) / planning / prototyping.
• Support Regional Product Care team on cost and quality improvement activities.
• Drive proper external networking.
• Mechanical engineering degree (Master’s Degree and/or specialization degree is a plus)
• Minimum 3 years of working experience in mass production development
• Proved experience on plastic injection moulding component &/or sheet metal stamped design
• Good knowledge on CAD Modelling and Drafting (CatiaV5 is a plus)
• Simulation Knowledge
• Analytical thinking and problem solving skill
• Fluent English
• Knowledge of Modularization structure, Cost & Quality analysis, Tolerance Analysis, FMEA, Competitors knowledge, DFMA, 6 Sigma, Material and Process selection, IP, Prototype Building
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.