Mechanical Development Engineer
Bring your vision to work. Bring innovation to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia, our site nearby Pordenone city. Porcia is the biggest Electrolux site in Italy, dedicated to our Product Line Care. Here we develop Washing Machine, Dish Washer and Tumble Dryer for our consumers worldwide.
As Mechanical Development Engineer you will work on a new project within mechanical components design for our global Consumer Experience Dish Care Organization on current production improvements from the initial brief, through the design and development stage, to the testing of one or more prototypes, right through to final manufacture and implementation.
Your main tasks:
• Create and validate mechanical system/module/components of washing machine and washing dryer taking care of their design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety, quality, cost etc.)
• Support test manual definition for components/modules
• Participate in system/module/components definition and its reviews, ensuring standardization & modularization approach
• Participate in supplier evaluation and selection and manage the cooperation in its later stage
• Supply all technical input for product literature, BOM, labels, technical manuals, etc.
• Support technical leader on project deliveries / documentation / planning / protos
• Ensure strong relationship with all functions in the organization
• Mechanical Engineering Degree
• Experience in mechanical component development and design
• Experience in 3D CAD Design software like Catia or equivalent
• Experience with plastic component design and main manufacturing process (metal forming, molding) is considered a plus
• Project Management skills and strong analytical thinking (engineering approach during development phase)
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.