Mechanical Development Engineer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This role has engineering & development responsibility for designing components and/or subsystems applied to domestic laundry products (horizontal or vertical axis washers and dryers). The responsibility spans from conceptualization to introduction in production.
- Responsible for creating mechanical design solutions to meet specification requirements (technical and performance specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety etc.)
- Follow interface guidelines defined by modular book and platform roadmap.
- Responsible for component design from conceptualization to industrialization.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining 3D and 2D models in CAD.
- Responsible for defining test plan to assess and certify design robustness and adherence to specifications (collaborating with Development Lab and Quality organizations).
- Drive analysis of technical solutions collaborating with suppliers, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, and other involved functions.
- Support component and product approval process: define components critical dimensions and critical characteristics; interpret inspection results and provide disposition (approve/reject/accommodate); support M&E on tooling approval process; support quality on first sample approval process (P-PAP).
- Support the Regional Product Care team on cost and quality improvement activities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical engineering degree (Master’s Degree and/or specialization degree is a plus).
- Minimum 5 years work experience in engineering.
- Proved experience on injection moulded and/or metal stamped component design.
- Proficient on CAD (Catia is a plus).
- Proficient on data management PLM system (Teamcenter is a plus).
- Proficient on geometrical product specifications and tolerance analysis (GD&T).
- Familiar with Six Sigma methodology applicable to product engineering (DOE planning, statistical tools, sample planning, etc.).
- Familiar with FMEA methodology.
- English required. Spanish and/or Italian are a plus.
- Occasional international and domestic travel will be required.