Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Mechanical Designer – Forlì, Italy
As Mechanical Designer, you will be responsible for the development of new products/modules/systems inside the Oven Platform. You will work in an international and multicultural environment in a cross-functional project team. And you will be responsible for the complete chain of development process from idea generation to solution validation up to launching into production within the given time frame, performance, cost target and quality level.
• Develop and drive innovation activities in the areas of
New platform or subsystem projects
New features and aesthetical design
Platform or subsystem standardization
• Develop Products/modules/systems/components design within a given project targets.
• Generate and validate new components/systems/modules/products based on
Design for performance, cost and quality
Design for manufacturing, assembly and automation
Design for reliability and safety
• Design based on engineering principles and standards.
• Define and collaborate on design validation with virtual and physical prototypes or concept series.
• Evaluate and assess data on structural and statistical base.
• Participate in project teams & cooperate with cross-functional teams in an international environment.
• Ensure that new development fits within the platform and subsystem structure and strategy.
• Analyse of technical solutions with suppliers, factory, quality and other involved functions.
• Reference contact with suppliers for the development of components.
• Define input for Bill of Material.
• Use of development and quality tools.
• Drive cost optimization and quality activates/projects.
• Assure part and product approval according legal requirements.
• Identify standardization & modularization opportunities.
• Create component and product specifications.
• Support user manual creation.
• Strong performer. You can work fast and effectively driving a number of projects at the same time.
• Strong self-motivation. You are eager to learn and constantly improve.
• Open minded. You appreciate the privilege of working in an international environment and are respectful of different cultural backgrounds.
• Proactive. You are always one-step ahead.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Willing to travel occasionally.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (e.g. Aerospace, Automation or Electromechanical Engineering).
• Strong structured and engineering approach during each development phase.
• Strong knowledge in components and systems design, development and industrialization
Knowledge of development and quality tools (FMEA´s, DoE, tolerance analysis…)
Knowledge of CAE tools and methods (FEA, CFD and optimization)
Knowledge of CAD design tool
Knowledge of the main manufacturing methods (metal forming, injection molding, die casting) and assembly processes
• Experience in Design for Performance, Cost and Quality.
• Experience in Design for manufacturing, assembling and automation.
• Knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries.
• Experience in working with cross functional international project teams.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma and LEAN principles is a plus.
• Knowledge of automation, control systems, electronic is a plus.
• 2 years of experience in product Development.
• Fluent English.