Provide technical engineering and project leadership to new product design, major redesigns, cost reduction and quality improvement projects to maintain Company’s leadership in the appliance industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and participate in major product design teams. Manage and conduct technical design aspects of a project from inception through production launch. Drive product and feature development based on marketing specifications.
- Develop project investment and cost budgets, develop milestone schedules and execute projects within published time line.
- Design, develop, and implement robust designs with proper verification and validation for seamless product introduction. Develop and track test plan to ensure reliability and safety objectives are met. Initiate relevant project and change documentation (ECN’s, IR’s, Deviations, etc).
- Create CAD part models using CATIA V5 and TeamCenter; prepare component three-dimensional (3D) layouts, design concepts and design drawings. Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to suggest and validate improvements to plastics and sheet metal components and products.
- Provide insight to engineering team specific to materials and processes used in product design.
- Lead FMEA team to identify failure modes of product and related processes.
- Ensure company’s competitive market advantage by developing and deploying innovative technical solutions and drive the attainment of own patents from initial concept to patent certification and implementation.
- Initiate and implement product quality improvements while ensuring safety, quality, and cost.
- Develop business justification for technical solutions.
- Coordinate with suppliers on innovative projects and product development.
- Support manufacturing processes by providing technical leadership and support to resolve assembly problems and concerns.
- Consult with key stakeholders (vendors, manufacturing, quality assurance, service, and purchasing) to assure designs meet cost and quality targets and minimize production related issues.
- Work on validation and qualification of electromechanical components.
- Master’s Degree (MS) in Mechanical Engineering or related field OR Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years related appliance design experience.
- Dishwasher Experience is highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; excellent analytical and problem solving skills; and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development and project management, design concept generation, decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation to design, develop and implement new designs for appliances.
- Experience using CATIA V5 & TeamCenter, parametic design & PLM software for creating and managing solid models, assemblies and drawings.
- Extensive Experience in using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulation for identifying and improving week areas in design.
- Experience in design and development of dishwasher systems, consumer goods, and overall appliance industry esired.
- Experience with electromechanical components, such as blowers, airflow systems, plastic injection, sealing gaskets and sheet metal desired.
- Must display the ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form with all levels of the organization and is able to navigate a complex matrix environment, must have a strong drive for results.
- Must be willing and able to set high standards for self, hold self accountable for goal attainment and coordinate all actions and design details to deliver on team and project commitments.
- Knowledge of and experience working on energy efficiency and performance improvement projects is desired.