A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will provide design and development responsibility for preliminary design, final design, tooling, qualification, and production launch of assigned key subsystems and/or components related to fabric care programs. You will work directly with Designers and Engineers to create drawings, change and/or create models and assemblies, and perform engineering changes to achieve project goals.
- Create and maintain large assemblies
- CAD data created and maintained in Catia V5 R17
- Data management utilizing SmarTeam PLM software
- Provide support for development of prototype parts including SLA models, machined parts, and others.
- Understanding of design intent and utilization of CAD Solid modeling best practices required
- Product release and maintenance of engineering change requests
- Understanding of ASME or ISO design & drawing standards preferred
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BA/BS in Engineering or related field required
- 3-5 years 3D CAD design and drafting experience minimum
- Experience in plastics design required
- Catia V5 & Smarteam experience preferred (SolidWorks, Pro Engineer, etc experience accepted)
- Parametric CAD software training and experience in steel or stamping design a plus
- Experience and understanding of some engineering processes and continuous improvement methods