A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will provide technical engineering and project leadership to new product design, major redesigns, cost reduction and quality improvement projects to maintain Company’s leadership in the appliance industry. You will lead and participate with major product design teams to assist with management and conduct technical design aspects of projects from inception through production launch. You will drive product and feature development based on marketing specifications and help to develop project investment and cost budgets milestone schedules and execute projects within published timeline.
- Design, develop, and implement robust designs with proper verification and validation for seamless product introduction. Develop and track test plan to ensure reliability and safety objectives are met. Initiate relevant project and change documentation (ECN’s, IR’s, Deviations, etc).
- Create CAD part models using CATIA V5 and TeamCenter; prepare component three-dimensional (3D) layouts, design concepts and design drawings. Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to suggest and validate improvements to plastics and sheet metal components and products.
- Provide insight to engineering team specific to materials and processes used in product design and lead FMEA team to identify failure modes of product and related processes.
- Ensure company’s competitive market advantage by developing and deploying innovative technical solutions and drive the attainment of own patents from initial concept to patent certification and implementation.
- Initiate and implement product quality improvements while ensuring safety, quality, and cost and consult with key stakeholders (vendors, manufacturing, quality assurance, service, and purchasing) to assure designs meet cost and quality targets and minimize production related issues
- Develop business justification for technical solutions and work on validation and qualification of electromechanical components
- Coordinate with suppliers on innovative projects and product development while supporting manufacturing processes by providing technical leadership and support to resolve assembly problems and concerns.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years related appliance design experience.
- Master’s Degree (MS) in Mechanical Engineering with dishwasher experience preferred
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development and project management, design concept generation, decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation to design, develop and implement new designs for appliances.
- Experience using CATIA V5 & TeamCenter, parametic design & PLM software for creating and managing solid models, assemblies and drawings.
- Extensive experience in using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulation for identifying and improving week areas in design.
- Experience with electromechanical components, such as blowers, airflow systems, plastic injection, sealing gaskets and sheet metal desired.