REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Mechanical Engineer will hold design & development responsibility for preliminary design, final design, tooling, qualification, and production launch of assigned key subsystems and/or components related to fabric care programs.
- Work directly with Designers and Engineers to create drawings, change and/or create models and assemblies, and perform engineering changes to achieve project goals.
- Create and maintain large assemblies.
- CAD data created and maintained in Catia V5 R26.
- Data management utilizing TeamCenter software.
- Provide support for development of prototype parts including SLA models, machined parts, and others.
- Understanding of design intent and utilization of CAD Solid modeling best practices required.
- Product release and maintenance of engineering change requests.
- Understanding of ISO or ASME design & drawing standards preferred.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in Engineering or related field required.
- 5-10 years 3D CAD design and drafting experience minimum.
- Strong analytical and mathematical aptitude required.
- Catia V5 & TeamCenter experience preferred (SolidWorks, Pro Engineer, etc. experience accepted).
- Parametric CAD software training a plus.
- Experience in plastics design required.
- Experience in steel or stamping design a plus.
- Basic understanding of some engineering processes and continuous improvement methods.