Mechanical Integrity Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift
The Process Safety Management (PSM) Mechanical Integrity (MI) Technician will assist in leading compliance efforts to 29 CFR 1910. PSM MI within the Anderson, SC campus is also responsible for maintaining and/or repairing company production and support equipment. Repairs and maintains plant production machinery in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's specifications and blueprints. Perform tasks related to preventative maintenance, mechanical machine repairs, inspection and testing of equipment and specific projects. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- These are generally duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as the detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent.
- Key responsibilities are noted below but are not limited to these responsibilities outlined.
- Basic understanding of Piping and instrumentation diagram (P&IDs).Ability to walk down and review P&IDs for current equipment and new installations.
- Assist with equipment installation inspections.
- Report issues to engineering of all findings (both new and existing processes).
- Provide technical support of the overall MI program.
- Perform ongoing and scheduled equipment inspections as per American petroleum institute (API) code.
- Report all inspection findings in the MI program.
- Initial and periodic review / editing (through Management of change, MOC, program) of existing plant P&IDs for verification of current field conditions.
- Entering inspection data from inspections performed.
- Assist in marking up (red lining) P&IDs and other drawings.
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in the facility.
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority.
- Reports any unsafe condition or act immediately to supervision or EHS team member.
- Understands company safety. Initiates and acts as facilitator on the floor to promote those initiatives.
- May be asked to participate in accident/incident reviews and develop corrective actions.
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5S in his or her respective area of work or areas as directed by the departmental supervisor.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills and be a team player.
- Must be knowledgeable and capable of responding to emergency situations.
- Completes preventative maintenance sheets issued by scheduler/planner, maintenance lead mechanic, supervisor or maintenance manager.
- Inspects plant equipment for proper working condition and safe operation.
- Uses CMMS Maintenance System to document work order.
- Create, revise, and improve parts kits working with salary planner/scheduler to build part kits into Infor.
- Records all parts needed for repairs to be performed.
- Records all parts used for repairs.
- Reduce unplanned stoppages through effective Root Cause Analysis.
- Keeps accurate record of downtime of plant equipment.
- Keeps area assigned by maintenance supervisor clean.
- Issues work requests for issues needing attention when equipment is down.
- Cultivate (through active participation in the team) an environment that helps to build and strengthen the team concept and sets the culture of that Zero Safety Incidents, Zero Quality Defects, and Zero Preventable Stoppages is achievable.
- Must wear safety glasses, metatarsal toe shoes (ESD-Composite toe, leather top) and hearing protection when in plant.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals blue prints and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Must be able to read blueprints and use measuring instruments.
- Must possess an understanding of electronic and mechanical components to troubleshoot and repair.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the safe use and care of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; compute ratio and percent and interpret bar graphs.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Abides by Electrolux’s company rules, policies and procedures.
- Complies with all OSHA safety and health regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively with Managers, supervisors, and peers.
- Safely comply with health, safety & environmental requirements education/work experience.
- Experience maintaining a continuously operated chemical process.
- Experience with LOTO.
- Maintenance experience in a chemical plant setting.
- Computer interface experience (MS Suite, MI Software, SAP).
- 5 plus years’ experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair.
- Associate’s degree in maintenance technology and/ or technical trade certificate a plus.
- May be required to work weekends/shutdowns based on set up needs on these machines.
- Must be able to operate a computer and a tablet (iOS and android).
- The appropriate candidate for this position is results oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.