The Merchandising Manager will be responsible for working with the merchandising team to develop merchandising and sales promotion tactics and strategies that enable sales execution across channels. He or she is responsible for managing the promotion and commercialization process within the merchandising team to drive accountability and is accountable for shared business results for all product lines and EMA brands. The merchandising manager will be responsible for the merchandising of freezers, compacts, wine, microwaves, hoods and the newly launched urban collections of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and communicate with marketing, pricing and sales U.S merchandising activities.
- Develop and distribute formal quarterly Go-To-Market plans.
- Maintain consistent EMA Brand & Product line logics, competitive market line logics for comparison and planning, including gap analysis on categories candidate is responsible for.
- Participate in generation plan reviews for understanding of opportunities, integration into the EMA merchandising line logic and communications.
- Interact with sales regarding merchandising line reviews and promotional campaigns.
- Market visits to stay in touch with the competitive environment.
- Manage and coordinate to a final PLAP schedule.
- Analysis of market data (AHAM, Traqline, NPD, Market Track, RSI, and floor data) to assist in creating winning merchandising communications, compelling promotional campaigns and product focused initiatives.
- Analyze post promotions results for achievement of predicted return on investment for sales revenue and desired profit margin.
- Will also provide regular market data updates from the market data analysis for communication across functions.
- Monitor execution of promotions across Sales Channels.
- Participate in developing effective national merchandising efforts with sufficient lead times to enable successful co-marketing.
- Track flooring of key models across product lines and channels
- Ad-hoc presentations and updates as needed.
- All other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- 2 years combined sales, marketing or merchandising experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills and strategic thinking.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer management and networking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Must have a full knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- A high degree of organization is a must
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to change and changing priorities
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to thrive in a “matrix” organization