The Merchandising Manager will be responsible for driving
profitable sales growth and market share, through planning and developing brand
merchandising and promotional pricing strategies that enable sales execution
across channels. He or she is
responsible for creating national promotions and working with the product line,
sales and marketing teams to commercialize new products. Accountable for shared
business results for all categories and all Electrolux Major Appliances (EMA)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create the merchandising component of overall commercialization, including the market place line-up with the step-up and merchandising strategy to ensure a successful portfolio in the retail marketplace
- Owner of promotional pricing positioning, derivative positioning, price schedules, new technology positioning, cross category moves and price change activities
- Approve category derivative promotional positioning and feature differentiation
- Plan and own the EMA model positioning and brand architecture relative to merchandising line logics across price points and feature set based on the competitive insight and EMA objectives
- Generate and implement merchandising ideas that encourage retailers and consumers to purchase our benefits and differentiation that meets their needs
- Develop product placement initiatives and flooring targets with sales, aligning supply to demand
- Develop formal quarterly Go-To-Market plans
- Participate in SKU Rationalization and product development specific for the Canadian market
Analytics and Reporting
- Interpret / analyze market data (AHAM, Traqline, NPD, Market Track, RSI, and floor data) to create winning merchandising communications, compelling promotional campaigns and product focused initiatives
- Analyze post promotion results for achievement of predicted return on investment for sales revenue and desired profit margin.
- Market visits to stay in touch with the competitive environment, customer and field sales needs
- Participate in generation plan reviews and guide strategic decisions based on current and future competitive knowledge
- Create a merchandising dashboard/tracking tool to be shared with leadership and extended team as required
- Communicate merchandising strategies and expectations both internally and externally with compelling and clear presentations
- Assist the Customer Marketing team to ensure effective execution of promotions and events
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, Finance, Product Lines, Sales Channels, and Ownership Solutions for promotions that create draw and in-store conversion
- Work collaboratively with product line marketing and other functions for all New Product Introductions
- Interact with sales and key customers regarding merchandising line reviews and promotional campaigns
- Participate in developing effective national merchandising efforts with sufficient lead times to enable successful co-marketing
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; MBA is considered an asset.
- 4-6 years combined sales, marketing or merchandising experience. Additional Category Management experience a plus.
- Merchandising experience in or with large format retailers (Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, The Brick) is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills and strategic thinking
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in market data analysis such as AHAM or similar; understanding of customer and consumer insights
- Comprehension in reporting (creating and managing reports)
- Must have excellent customer management and networking skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Must have full knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- A high degree of organization is a must.