MES Application Specialist
Drive the next generation of digital manufacturing solutions. Make it possible.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open to new ideas – we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Reporting to our Manufacturing Solutions Architect in the European Manufacturing Solutions team – we are looking for a
MES Application Specialist
Electrolux is targeting to implement a common software, DELMIA Apriso from Dassault Systems, across all its factories to cover process in relation to manufacturing execution (as per ANSI/ISA95 Level 3).
The position of MES Application Specialist will be one of the key application specialists on DELMIA Apriso within Europe, and as such provide comprehensive Manufacturing Execution System knowledge and support.
• Within Europe
• The MES application specialist is tasked with delivering and supporting MES implementations, covering all phases like e.g. system analysis, configuration, enhancements, and implementation.
• She/he will provide guidance on MES system configuration, deliver specifications for required enhancements and modifications to meet business requirements.
• She/he will provide advice in the project organizations to MES specific matters, including interaction with ANSI/ISA95 Level 2 and ANSI/ISA95 Level 1 systems and components, as well as integration with ERP (and other) systems.
• She/he will design, analyze, and test enhancements and support customization and maintenance of the MES solutions in factories across Europe and will be part of a network of specialist working in this area across all regions.
• Post the implementations she/he may also be involved in providing support to colleagues in the respective factory in resolving issues with the MES system, as well as providing directives and support in relation to maintenance/upgrades etc.
Key operational responsibilities:
• Provide comprehensive MES knowledge and maintaining application roadmaps for this area in alignment with corporate directives.
• Advice in long term direction of MES usage and drive establishment of plans in accordance to MES application roadmaps.
• Participate in studying and defining functional and technical solutions to cover business requirements.
• Design, develop, test and maintain software and hardware solutions.
• Participate in MES implementation projects, specialized in configuration, and driving needed enhancements by writing/reviewing specifications (including test cases) covering both the functional and technical aspects.
• Secure proper maintenance of relevant MES documentation (architecture, integration, procedures, user etc).
• Execute preliminary tests and support FAT and UAT phases.
• Interaction with ANSI/ISA95 Level 2 and ANSI/ISA95 Level 1 systems.
• Integration with ERP, and other applications in use within the factories in Europe.
• Participating in and supporting testing of all relevant aspects throughout the implementation phase of the projects, including user training.
• Guarantee timelines and execution according to agreed plans.
• Provide directives to maintenance of the MES environments and assist accordingly.
• Maintain continuous interaction and relationship with key stakeholders.
• Manage external consultants involved in implementation projects and/or service management.
• Have a genuine passion for Manufacturing, technology and digital transformation.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Have a pragmatic approach to delivery.
• Good attitude in inter-personal relations.
• Are a team player with motivational, hands-on approach.
• Willing to learn by doing.
• Are innovative, open minded and supportive
• Quickly adapt to new emerging needs and opportunities.
Background & required experience:
• High School/Higher Secondary School diploma or Bachelor/Master’s degree with a technical specialization, preferably in Computer Science / Electronic or Automation Engineering.
• Thorough experience from defining/implementing/supporting Manufacturing Execution Systems. Past experience from Dassault Systems DELMIA Apriso is an advantage.
• Good knowledge of Factory Automation Systems (ANSI/ISA95 Level 2 and Level 1, PLC, HMI, OPC-UA servers etc).
• Good knowledge of relational databases for data management and archiving, preferably Microsoft SqlServer.
• Experience in application design and customization (preferably using C# language).
Experience / expertise in the following areas will be considered an advantage:
• Microsoft Visual Studio, SIEMENS Tia Portal, Microsoft SqlServer, kepware KEPServerEX, Dassault Systems DELMIA Apriso.
• Practical experience in manufacturing factories on the shop floor.
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Knowledge of Italian, German, Polish and Hungarian language (written and spoken) would be a plus
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Learn more about Electrolux by watching our videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/electrolux.
Being part of the Global R&D environment in a multinational organization provides excellent experience and a great platform for many different opportunities.
Electrolux is open to various career moves and supports cross-functional and international moves.
ABOUT ELECTROLUX GROUP
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2019 Electrolux had sales of SEK 119 billion and employed 51,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.