Metal Fabrication Engineer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will ensure the implementation of best in class, standardized, and optimized solutions for the industrialization of metal formed components for household appliances, with high attention to product quality and manufacturing cost. As part of the Common Core Technologies Team for North America, this is a position with transversal responsibilities, offering to the candidate the possibility of gaining experience across the different factories of the group.
- Be the regional reference person for implementation and industrialization of metal components, with the role of Project Leader.
- Supervise manufacturing part of product introduction process from concept design to production launch.
- Participation in manufacturing engineering projects within Electrolux Plants with focus at Juarez Campus.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of New Products around competence, identifying part criticalities, and interpreting results of manufacturability simulations.
- Perform cost calculations to produce metal parts.
- Analyze productive capacity of metal fabrication equipment inside the factories and identify areas for efficiency improvement
- Prepare technical specifications for fabrication equipment, including safety and environmental requirements.
- Perform Business Case Analysis and Investment Requests.
- Be the interface with equipment manufacturers and technical purchasing (CAPEX) during the complete acquisition and development process of new equipment.
- Prepare required documentation for supplier tender and Sourcing Board decision.
- Supervise equipment installation in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance.
- Propose technological innovations in the fields of competence.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Preferred: Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in metal fabrication processes. Experience within metal stamping processes will be considered a plus.
- Deep practical knowledge in metal fabrication equipment design and construction techniques.
- Deep knowledge of metal process ability and formability
- Knowledge of automation, controls and HMI will be considered a plus.
- Good command of CATIA software will be considered a plus.
- Willingness to travel within the Electrolux Major Appliances NA factories and internationally – up to 25%.
- Language: Bilingual in English and Spanish.