Mexican Customs Representative
The Mexican Customs Representative is responsible for coordinating and administrating all activities related to Mexican Customs on Import and Export operations, and the management of personnel involved in pedimentos process, as well as remote location filling through different Mexican Customs Ports. Scope of responsibility as Customs Representative will cover Electrolux Home Products de Mexico, Appliance Electrolux de Juarez and Electrolux Commercial, for their different locations in Mexico.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge on Government programs and regulations including but not limited to: IMMEX Decree (Annex 24, Annex 31), Article 33 Amendments, Article 216-BIS, VAT Certification, ALTEX, Rule 8, Drawback, Free Trade (NAFTA), Sensitive Products, SECITT, etc.
- Ensure correct and on time presentation of Import/Export document (pedimentos) for timely duty IVA/DTA payments.
- Preparation of entry documents consolidating weekly activities.
- Preparation of final/penalty notice responses to Mexican Customs.
- Support to prepare proper application of duty-deferral programs (i.e. PROSEC). Prepare calculations for preferential treatment under Free Trade Agreements (e.g. NAFTA)
- Preparation of Certificates of Origin by country and knowledge of all Mexican FTA rules and regulations.
- Preparation of ALADI and NALADISA Certificates.
- Support and compliance from Customs department on FAST/CTPAT/NEEC programs for EHP Mexico
- Advice all departments about trade compliance aspects and risks of proposed business decisions, collaborate effectively with peers at related company sites.
- Analyze, interpret and application of export and import regulations and maintain current knowledge of changes.
- Work pro-actively with other department to prevent trade disruptions.
- Prepare, review, approve, and submit applications for export/import licenses, permits, and other requests for authorization. Manage government authorizations throughout their life cycle.
- Support the Maquila program reconciliation based on inventory and equipment.
- Manage customs duty and tax programs (SAT, RECON) and all related record keeping.
- Perform internal audits for import and export compliance.
- Produce and analyze reports from JDE/Vastera and other information systems.
- Prepare and verify export shipping documentation for ad-hoc and other non-routine shipments
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Responsible to ensure employee satisfaction level (EES), talent management and retention of team members on his/her group
- Responsible to accomplish safety metrics by following safety policies and STOP program, and ensure his/her team participation.
1. Bachelor degree in International Commerce, Customs or equivalent. Master degree is a plus.
2. 6 years or more of experience and knowledge in Customs and Traffic
3. Bilingual Spanish / English
4. Computer skills, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Outlook, Vastera, JD Edwards is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Ability to manage and develop people.
2. Demonstrated history of competency with Customs Regulations and Foreign Trade Regulations
3. Familiar with the Harmonized tariff and explanatory notes.
4. Knowledge of Valuation Laws.
5. Requires up to date actualizations on customs regulations.
6. Experience on Traffic and Logistics operations.
7. Prior FTZ/Maquiladora operations experience required.
8. NAFTA experience required.
9. Ability to prepare and revise procedures, work instructions, forms and business flowcharts.
10. Ability to prepare and review complex business documents.
11. Thoroughly familiar with international shipping documents such as commercial, invoice, packing list, air waybill, and export license, including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and license data.
12. Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9001/14001 requirements according to the position
Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to:
Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals, knowing and identifying the environmental aspects and impacts on the area or process to perform, focusing on continuous improvement and keeping operational goals, identifying and segregating chemical residues and materials