Microwave Technology Project Leader
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
A Project Leader in the Microwave Technology Organisation is the main interface between the various teams in the company involved in the Product Development process, from Product Line to Manufacturing and will coordinate the project team and control various projects in an international environment. The Project Leader will be responsible for the execution and the reporting of the respective projects in the given time frame and to defined cost targets and quality levels. This process involves the translation of consumer needs into technical specifications; working directly with engineers and technicians of various disciplines to build and test product samples; solve technical problems; and working with key suppliers to define and release purchased assemblies and estimating resources including time and investment to deliver upon commitments.
• Drives and controls new product/module development from initial concept into full mass production Understand the needs of our customers around the world
• Develops product/module technical specifications based on a variety of requirement inputs including consumer, marketing and industrial design.
• Leads cross-functional and cross-regional project teams. Creates, maintains and controls project schedules
• Responsible for cost reduction and quality improvement. Estimates product costs and defines Bill of Material.
• Organizes prototype builds as well as test- and pilot series with relevant suppliers and departments
• Provides support and training on new or historic products or technologies to other departments and customers as required - main interface for all stakeholders for existing products/modules and new developments
• Drive standardization and modularization - determines the benefit of module design re-use from existing products and modifies existing designs as input to new products/modules.
• May supervise and mentor other engineers, technicians or interns as required on a project or task basis and is involved in knowledge transfer within the organization or to relevant staff
• Works with internal or external consultants, suppliers and manufacturers to develop and manufacture electronic, electrical or mechanical components and assemblies
• Supports the development of detailed engineering documentation including block diagrams, schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings, component drawings, specifications, manuals and other documentation, development and test procedures, Engineering Change Notices/Requests and manufacturing procedures
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Project Management or equivalent.
• Familiarity with product development processes.
• Experience as project leader leading teams, ideally in the home appliance/consumer electronics environment.
• Knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal forming, injection moulding, die casting, PCB manufacture) and assembling, ideally in a home appliance or consumer electronics industry; comprehension of microwave technology and associated issues would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of quality and development tools (eg FMEA, DFMA, DoE).
• CAE knowledge, including of 3D design tools (CATIA is preferred) or EM simulation tools would be advantageous
• Knowledge of authority approval to ANSI, UL, CSA, EN and IEC standards and environmental rules in different countries would be appreciated
• Consumer focused mindset
• Strong communication skills, especially in the English language, both written and oral. Skilled in technical writing.
• Willingness to travel
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
What to learn more about what drives us? Watch this video about how at Electrolux we reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living around the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xELrrVk19tw
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.