Mobile Apps Engineering Lead | Digital Product Organization
Location: Role will be based in Stockholm in Sweden, or St. Petersburg in Russia.
Bring your vision to work. Bring innovation to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As Software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities.
As such, we are building the Group Digital Organization and looking for a passionate Mobile Apps Engineering Lead for our Taste product line to help us deliver a highly scalable mobile application and world-class product experience for our IoT connected appliances.
This is a senior technical role and will report to the Engineering Manager Digital Experience for Taste and will contribute, as part of our integrated agile cross-functional team, on SW architecture, SW design and development, implementation and release.
The position requires strong mobile software development and leadership skills. In this role you will set the technical direction of the team, coordinate and contribute to development and verification activities as well as collaboration with external suppliers.
As an Engineering Lead you will be responsible for the development application features for our mobile applications. You will work in a fast-paced environment of continuous change, innovation and experimentation. You will work with cutting-edge technologies in Mobile application development, IoT as well as established tech Java, Python and various Cloud Services and architecture.
A successful Engineering Lead can drive forward the technical progress of their projects while also mentoring others and holding the software quality to a very high level and be an expert in highly scalable consumer-facing products.
Your main tasks:
- Drive software architecture, design, and development
- Own major functionality in the Digital products tech stack: definition, implementation, integration, and maintenance
- Collaborate and contribute insight across the whole product breadth and depth
- Collaborate with our Business Areas to ensure consistent ways to interact with customers in terms of notifications and content to be delivered by means of mobile apps
- Focus will be on creating a superior consumer experience
- Work directly with product owners to recommend and then implement new features.
- Work with the team to write unit and integration tests and see features through deployment into production
- Monitor related production systems and troubleshoot any production problems to provide overall platform stability
- Participate in code pull requests as a reviewer and author, staying open to constructive comments
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
- Design new software features through agile development practices such as chartering, story-mapping, and regular stand-up meetings
- Design, develop, test and implement program source code, operating system components, backend services and software tools
- Software team Leadership:
- Guide a team of software engineers and coach them on best practices for software development.
- Work together with Digital Product Owner to lead agile meetings related to multiple projects and act as a scrum master and project manager for multiple manufacturing related applications.
- Work together with Digital Product Owner to define and analyze requirements, create work items, and assign work to a team of software engineers as needed.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline and/or 5 years of industry experience in a Tech Lead role, (Quality of experience is much more important than length of experience)
- Experience working with consumer facing mobile applications, (experience working with IoT mobile applications is a plus)
- Experience in developing reusable artifacts/frameworks, re-usable assets, Industry solutions, reference architecture, design, development and QA best practice
- Experience in designing and developing scalable and high performing backend systems running in public cloud (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience in designing and developing content management systems for mobile apps
- Deep understanding Lean-Agile principles and have solid work experience from Scrum practices
- Profound understanding of Object-oriented programming, Design Patterns and Test-driven development
- Experience with integration of REST-based APIs
- Knowledge how to work with source code control pull requests and peer review methods
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with cloud native architectures e.g. Kubernetes, Kafka, etc. as well as with programming
- Programming Languages such as Kotlin, Java, Python, etc
- Experience on integration with cloud mobile push services
- Experience of Atlassian toolset: Jira & Confluence
- Background in collaboration with UX/UI designers
- Experience with Data storage and database technologies
- Versatile leadership qualities coupled with enthusiasm to tackle new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Self-motivated, fast learner, technology agnostic, pragmatic
- Ability to work and deliver for several projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English knowledge is a mandatory requirement
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.