Location: Role will be based in Stockholm, Porcia in Italy or St. Petersburg in Russia
Bring your ideas to work where we’re all about bringing ideas to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are looking for Mobile Developers for four digital product teams in Europe, two Care Product Teams, one Consumer Services – Provisioning Team and one Configuration & Notification Team. We will discuss with you during interview process about which team you would best fit for. We will hire multiple developers through this ad.
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As Software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities.
As such, we are building the Group Digital Organization and looking for ambitious and creative, senior and entry-level Mobile Developers to help us deliver highly scalable services and world class product experiences for our connected appliances. We are looking for ambitious and creative professional Kotlin Multi-platform, Android Native, and iOS Native application developers who are passionate about mobile apps, the connected appliances, and want to be part of a fast growing set of technology hub in Europe to develop ground breaking features in Electrolux flagship mobile apps.
You will have opportunities to work on multiple layers of the technology stack, ranging from customer-focused user experience work, building scalable distributed cloud services, working with big data, machine learning, and everything in between. You will learn how to design services and experiences to shape living for the better around the globe.
You will collaborate with team members and other engineering groups in Electrolux to build full stack mobile applications and services using the latest technologies in a dynamic and agile environment. You will be part of a fun-loving, ethical and diverse team that seeks challenges, loves improving and values teamwork. You will have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, an established background developing consumer applications and services across mobile platforms (Android and iOS) or high-volume service architectures, and an industry-leading knowledge of object-oriented development.
Your main tasks:
• You will be involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scaled Agile and Scrum
• Build industry leading mobile apps for connected appliances on a global scale
• Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work just-in-time
• Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
• Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
• Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
• Report status of assigned software development tasks using Jira
• Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
• Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
• Continuously challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
• Provide deep systems support (programming, architecture, system analysis) for the Applications team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
• 1+ years of experience on a team developing: Kotlin Multi- Platform native Android, or native iOS apps
• 1+ years of experience as a software developer on production project
• Demonstrated experience with one of the following languages; Swift or Java/Kotlin
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services
• Knowledge of Azure and AWS based technologies and UI/UX standards
•Understanding of mobile design principles and interface guidelines
• Knowledge around performance tuning, memory optimization, monitoring, and crash analysis
• Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment
• Proven knowledge and practical application of design patterns
• The ability to identify and write appropriate tests leveraging mocking/spying frameworks for isolation of the subject component
• Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
• Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across globally distributed teams
• Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• Knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Familiarity with feature toggling tools like Launch Darkly, analytics tool like Google Firebase
• Preferred mobile experience - in one or more of the following platforms
- Kotlin Multi Platform
• 3+ years of experience on a team developing native Android app(s) available in the Google Play store
• Experience with Java 8 and RX Java in a production application
• Experience developing apps that interact with web services (REST, JSON) – Retrofit is a plus
• Knowledge of how to use REST APIs and third-party SDKs to connect mobile applications to backend services
• Experience with frameworks such as Dagger and design patterns such as MVP, Singleton, Factory
• Experience with native Android HIG and UI development best practices – Android Material Design
• Experience with data persistence frameworks such as Realm or Active Android
• Experience with Android Studio
• Experience with the publishing process for Google app store
• Experience with Google Play Services is a plus
• 3+ years of experience on a team developing native iOS app(s) available in the App Store
• Experience with Swift and Objective-C in a production application
• Experience developing apps that interact with web services (REST, JSON)
• Experience with native iOS HIG and UI development best practices including a deep knowledge of UIKit and AutoLayout
• Experience with the publishing process for the iOS app store
• Excellent English language skills written and spoken
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.