Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
looking for Mobile Developers for two digital product teams in APAC, one for
Care Product Team, one for Consumer Services – Consumer Account Team. We will
discuss with you during interview process about which team you would best fit
for. We will hire multiple developers through this ad.
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As Software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities.
As such, we are building the Group Digital Product Organization and looking for all level Mobile Developers to help us deliver highly scalable services and world-class product experiences for our connected appliances.
You will have opportunities to work on multiple layers of the technology stack, ranging from customer-focused user experience work, building scalable distributed cloud services, working with big data, machine learning, and everything in between. You will learn how to design services and experiences to shape living for the better around the globe.
You will collaborate with team members and other engineering groups in Electrolux to build full stack mobile applications and services using the latest technologies in a dynamic and agile environment. You will be part of a fun-loving, ethical and diverse team that seeks challenges, loves improving and values teamwork. You will have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, an established background developing consumer applications and services across mobile platforms (Android and iOS) or high-volume service architectures, and an industry-leading knowledge of object-oriented development.
We are looking for ambitious and creative professional Kotlin Multi-platform, Android Native, and iOS Native application developers who are passionate about mobile apps, the connected appliances, and want to be part of a fast growing set of technology hub in Europe to develop ground breaking features in Electrolux flagship mobile apps
A Typical Day
- As a team member, you will be involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scaled Agile and Scrum. In this highly collaborative, multi-
- functional, and Agile environment, you will…
- Build industry leading mobile apps for connected appliances on a global scale
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work just-in-time
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
- Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
- Report status of assigned software development tasks (jira)
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members. (this is for the lead)
- Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations
- Providing deep systems support (programming, architecture, system analysis) for the Applications team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of experience on a team developing: Kotlin Multi-Platform native Android, or native iOS apps.
- 1+ years of experience as a software developer on production project
- Demonstrated experience with one of the following languages: Swift or Java/Kotlin.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of Azure and AWS based technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of mobile design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledgeable around performance tuning, memory optimization, monitoring, and crash analysis.
- Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment
- Proven experience/responsibility for design and architectural decisions of app (this one is for the lead)
- Proven knowledge and practical application of design patterns
- The ability to identify and write appropriate tests leveraging mocking/spying frameworks for isolation of the subject component
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across globally distributed teams
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with feature toggling tools like Launch Darkly, analytics tool like Google Firebase.
- Preferred mobile experience - in one or more of the following platforms
- Kotlin Multi Platform
- 3+ years of experience on a team developing native Android app(s) available in the Google Play store
- Experience with Java 8 and RX Java in a production application
- Experience developing apps that interact with web services (REST, JSON) – Retrofit is a plus
- Knowledge of how to use REST APIs and third-party SDKs to connect mobile applications to backend services.
- Experience with frameworks such as Dagger and design patterns such as MVP, Singleton, Factory
- Experience with native Android HIG and UI development best practices – Android Material Design
- Experience with data persistence frameworks such as Realm or Active Android
- Experience with Android Studio
- Experience with the publishing process for Google app store
- Experience with Google Play Services is a plus
- 3+ years of experience on a team developing native iOS app(s) available in the App Store
- Experience with Swift and Objective-C in a production application
- Experience developing apps that interact with web services (REST, JSON)
- Experience with native iOS HIG and UI development best practices including a deep knowledge of UIKit and AutoLayout
- Experience with the publishing process for the iOS app store