Mobile Developer | Digital Product Organization
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
We are looking for Mobile Developers for two digital product teams in
APAC, for Taste Product Team, and for Wellbeing Team. We will discuss with you
during the interview process about which team you would best fit for. We will
hire multiple developers through this ad internally.
In Electrolux we reinvent Taste, Care and Wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living around the world.
We are going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities. As such we are building the Group Digital Product Organization and looking for passionate Mobile Developers in Taste and Wellbeing teams to help us deliver highly scalable services and world-class product experiences for our connected appliances.
For this reason, we are building the Group Digital Product Organization and looking for passionate Mobile Developers to help us deliver highly scalable services and world-class product experiences for our connected appliances.
You will have opportunities to work on multiple layers of the technology stack, ranging from customer-focused user experience work, building scalable distributed cloud services, working with big data, machine learning, and everything in between. You will learn how to design services and experiences to shape living for the better around the globe.
You will collaborate with team members and other engineering groups in Electrolux to build full stack mobile applications and services using the latest technologies in a dynamic and agile environment. You will be part of a fun-loving, ethical, and diverse team that seeks challenges, loves improving and values teamwork. You will have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
The ideal candidate will have industry-leading
programming skills, an established background developing consumer applications
and services across mobile platforms (Android and iOS) or high-volume service
architectures, and an industry-leading knowledge of object-oriented
We are looking for ambitious and creative professional Kotlin Multi-platform, Android Native, and iOS Native application developers who are passionate about mobile apps, the connected appliances, and want to be part of a fast-growing set of technology hub in Europe to develop groundbreaking features in Electrolux flagship mobile apps
A Typical Day
In our highly collaborative, multi-functional, and Agile environment,
- You will be involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scaled Agile and Scrum
- Build industry leading mobile apps for connected appliances on a global scale
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work just-in-time
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
- Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong ability of building custom UI widgets and layouts starting from Adobe XD artboards or Zeplin specifications (Java/Kotlin and xml)
- Ability to write automation tests using Android UI Automator
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins)
- Programming languages: Java, Kotlin, KMM is a strong plus
- Libraries: Dagger2, RxJava2, Retrofit; Design pattern: MVP, Clean architecture; Code versioning tool: Git/Bitbucket; Task Management: Jira; Documentation: Confluence
UiAutomator/Espresso testing framework
- Excellent knowledge of MacOS and bash scripting
- 3+ years of experience on a team developing native iOS app(s) available in the App Store
- Experience with Swift and Objective-C in a production application
- Experience developing apps that interact with web services (REST, JSON)
- Experience with native iOS HIG and UI development best practices including a deep knowledge of UIKit and AutoLayout
- Experience with the publishing process for the iOS app store
“You are curious, persistent and logical – a true techie
at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant
solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the
perfect opportunity to join the exciting journey of Electrolux within the
Digital Product Organization!” - Hiring Manager
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent Taste, Care and Wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.