Model Shop Unit Leader(1st shift, 7AM-3:30PM)SPRINGFIELD
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage day to day activities of the model shop. Work closely with design engineers in determining the feasibly of the type of prototype parts being requested to build. Detailed knowledge of procedures and fundamentals of mechanical and electrical technologies and strong analytical/troubleshooting skills are necessary to be successful in this role.
• Insure Electrolux safety policy is followed at all times.
• Review, approve or reject all work orders submitted.
• Work with design engineers to improve their designs.
• Prioritize work request based on business need and project timeline. Determine if work request is to be made in house or outsourced to a third party.
• Maintain list of qualified third party prototype shops.
• Submit RFQ’s when necessary to third party vendors.
• Set up vendors and requisition purchase orders when necessary.
• Assign work orders to appropriate model maker based on complexity of the part and the skill set of the model maker..
• Manage all prototype parts through the model shop and with outside vendors. This could be as many as 200 parts for 1 project.
• Approve all parts made by a third party vendor.
• Insure all model shop consumables are maintained within the min max levels. Requisition purchase orders and order supplies as necessary. Continuously research for suppliers of quality low cost consumables.
• Insure all model shop equipment is in proper working order.
• Keep all equipment service contracts current. Maintain service records for all model shop equipment.
• Work as a backup model maker based on the work load of the model shop.
• Assist in creating and documenting work instructions and procedures.
• Perform or enlist training for model makers on new equipment, software or procedures.
• Determine model makers work schedule. Approve time off and vacations.
• Do performance reviews for model makers.
• Review Employment Engagement Survey and develop action plans to address areas of concern.
• Keep area and equipment clean and orderly.
• Exhibit appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
• Work effectively and cooperatively with team members, direct supervisor, and members of other work groups; establish and maintain good working relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
• Associates Degree (or higher) in a technical field – OR - High School Diploma/GED plus five (5) years technical experience in tool & die repair or model making.
• Working knowledge of mills, lathes, CNC, metal shears, metal brakes, mechanical punches and spotting press equipment; including volt meter, dielectric tester (HiPot), gas manometer, etc
• Strong working knowledge of MasterCam, Solid Works, Auto Cad, Pro E or Catia a must.
• Ability to maintain and present data in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to understand need and create reports linking data and analysis in Microsoft Office.
• Above average verbal and written skills. Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization. Able to read and write in English.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects while understanding priorities and deadlines.
• Able to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis. Able to stand for the majority of the shift.
• Ability to repair and calibrate equipment.
• Knowledge of appliance design a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of electrical and mechanical repair a plus.
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical controls a plus.