Modules Development Engineer
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work
Modules Development Engineer
Due to the successful growth of the organization and our ambition to redefine the future of Food preservations we are looking for a passionate, highly motivated and open-minded professional to work within an international community to make ideas come to life inside our Refrigerators and Freezers team. You will work on the most innovative projects, taking care of the functional design to apply technology solutions, develop new modules and systems by generation, evaluation, analysis and development of design concepts.
On a REGULAR DAY AT WORK you will:
• Create and validate new Module system and execution of its 3D design
• Activate and follow prototypes activities and assemblies.
• Ensure respect of Module Development activity timing.
• Create design solutions to meet design specifications, manufacturing processes and assembly requirements.
• Ensure manufacturability and module usage in multiple platforms
• Ensure targets of quality (system and design FMEAs) and cost are met, also working with external Suppliers.
• Drive the execution of module project development activities and follow the project until production start.
• Develop detailed and executive designs.
• Calculations and simulations where needed.
• Participate in Module reviews within own team and cross-functionality also internationally.
• Follow and taking care of the project from definition, to the pilot series, up to approval of production
• Support the activities related to cost efficiency driven by the purchasing team
• Define input for Bill of Material
• Use development tools like 3D CAD Systems.
• Design alignment with modularization and standardization.
• Experience in Design for Assembling and Manufacturing is a plus.
• Team player. In this role teamwork is essential, so you should be comfortable in dealing with people with different backgrounds, cultures and responsibility.
• Flexibility. You are highly flexible to adapt to eventually changing of the planned priorities.
• Passionate You are passionate about creating the best in class consumer experience.
• Proactive. You value taking initiative and keen every new experiences, responsibility and accountability. You are self-driven, problem-solver, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
• Creative. You are not afraid to explore new technologies and new ways of thinking.
• Willing to work with your hands. You are passionate about prototyping and assembly and check how to escalate to series production.
• Networker. You know how to operate in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization.
• International. You enjoy to work in a truly global environment and you are curious about different culture and manage to adapt your communication to succeed to achieve your objectives
• Good listener and communicator. You have great communication skills and you have the ability to convince, influence and bring stakeholders, peers, and colleagues together towards the same goal;
• Details oriented. Without losing the helicopter view you are able to manage a complex amount of details ensuring the product development process and related documentation is kept at the highest quality.
• Proactive. You are able to propose a new test design set up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technical area is preferred; we are also open to Bachelor degree holders in another technical field with minimum 3 years’ experience in R&D function.
• Knowledge of mechanical plastic and metal components and system development and design
• Knowledge of parametric 3D design tools.
• Strong structured analytic and engineering approach during each of development phases.
• Knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (injection moulding, extrusion, metal forming) and assembling.
• Knowledge of quality tools (FMEA´s, …)
• Project management basic and presentation skills
• Experience in Design for Assembling, Lean design and Manufacturing is a plus.
• Knowledge in components development
• Microsoft Office good skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Italian- fluent
• English- fluent