Modules Development Engineer
Santa Lucia di Piave, Italy
ELECTROLUX FOOD PRESERVATION GLOBAL R&D PRESENTS
The Global Freshness Technology Organization is part of the Global R&D Food Preservation. The team covers local as well as global requirements and directly supports components and modules development, their validation and implementation for all regions.
Due to the dynamic growth of our Food Preservation Global Technology Organization, we are looking for a technical mind who will be in charge of Design and test Module solutions for Refrigerator and Freezers. In connection with other Global R&D Departments, she/he must be able to meet projects goals and objectives on time, while being able to work closely within their own and other departments in the Company. This person should have and develop specific knowledge of 2D and 3D technical drawings, refrigerators technologies and test methods, follow module projects up to implementation into products.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
On a regular day at work your responsibilities will include:
• Drawings definition, creation and release of components and sub-systems.
• Modular components and systems creation (functionality, reliability, manufacturability and safety within time frame, cost target, quality level and process constrains).
• Preparation of engineering documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications)
• Strong interaction with PLM to upload up to validation of the components and assemblies.
• Identification and support of standardization by ensuring that new developments fit into multiple products.
• Prepare test equipment and execute Module Functional Tests.
• Follow the introduction of new Modules into products up to start of production.
• Communicate with externals, Suppliers and other Teams in the organization, to find best solutions, improve quality and reduce costs and development times.
• Maintain a well-organized working area in order to effectively work on multiple projects
• Relationship builder. You can create strong relationship with all functions in the organization in line with Company global targets
• Respectful. You accept culture diversities and can tailor the communication on the people
• Flexible. You react positively to project specification changes
• Problem solver. You look for solutions to challenges (thought/process mapping, DFMEA, System FMEA)
• Open minded, willing to work in an international environment and matrix organization in respect of cultural diversity.
• Team oriented, good listener and team player with Flexibility, Positive thinking, proactivity and creativity.
• Attitude to continuously improve in the job areas, drive for result, customer focus.
• Availability to travel domestic and international business trips.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Technical engineering degree or equivalent experience
• Good technical design knowledge preferable of plastic components
• Strong knowledge of 2D/3D design tools (CATIA being preferred)
• Willing to work with his/her hands to simple prototype building and testing
• Test modules/systems/components to delivering robust design;
• Previous R&D and/or Laboratory experience is a plus.