Motor Control Engineer
Santa Lucia di Piave, Italy
DRIVE THE CHANGE. TURN IDEAS INTO INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Electrolux Food Preservation site in Susegana (TV) only 1 hour distance from Venice, where we are undergoing multimillion industry 4.0 investment. Here you will work together with nearly 1400 colleagues from different functions, and various nationalities, with the common goal to create the refrigeration of the future.
Motor control technology is rapidly entering most refrigerators because of energy efficiency requirements and wider voltage acceptance. This is driving many efforts on this technology which is greatly improving.
The exciting thing about this role, besides the development and maintenance of Inverter electronic platforms for Food Preservation Appliances, is the international work environment. As Motor Control Engineer, you will work closely with colleagues from all over the world, understanding different realities, cultures and people, as well as being part of an open-minded team, where creativity is welcome, and innovation is the middle name.
The position belongs to the Global Technology Center for Food Preservation and sits within the electronic development team which is expanding to support increasing design activity. All electronic controls are developed and maintained through the entire lifecycle, while the qualification testing can be performed both in Electrolux facilities as well as in external laboratories. What is more, in addition to the HW development team, the SW development team is co-located in Susegana.
Your main tasks:
• Firmware development oriented to motor control
• Interaction with GTO advanced center regarding technology roadmap for motor control solutions and electronics
• Interaction with Performance Laboratories within Food Preservation Global reality, proposing, collecting and agreeing specifications, understanding and prioritizing problems related to motor control
• Inverter and motor test-bench characterization
• Support Normative approvals
• Support testing and evaluation of electronic designs and concepts to meet the specified function/features, quality and cost targets
• Interface with different Technology areas and stakeholders within Electrolux global organization
We are not looking for perfection and the only let’s say non-negotiable point is the background on electronics – rather than that, you’re invited to challenge us.
Below are skills and competences we'd ideally want you to have or be open to learn:
• Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering or related is preferred
• Motor control experience (at least 2-3 years)
• Knowledge in embedded system with microcontroller (i.e. Cortex Micro)
• Power electronics & motor driving techniques competence
• Electric motor architecture knowledge
• Fluent English language is mandatory
The below is considered an advantage:
• Model Based Design
• MATLAB, Simulink
• Ability in circuit design and simulation with PSpice
• Knowledge of laboratory instruments like power meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc.
• Italian language is mandatory and fluent English written and spoken