Purchasing & Sourcing
Sources and secures required indirect materials, parts, and services needed to manufacture gas and electric ranges at the lowest total cost.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform data analysis of MRO and indirect purchase spend to determine best cost-saving opportunities
- Complete contracts and purchase orders for indirect materials and expense purchases
- Assist with invoicing and coordination with Accounts Payable
- Demonstrate successful year over year cost savings projects
- Initiate and coordinate targeted cost reduction programs
- Performs follow-up to ensure that all supplier commitments are met and meet the standards agreed upon.
- Contributes to budget development
- Implements procurement policies and procedures, and sets guidelines
- Sourcing Board approval based on required qualifications
- Decides sources through competitive quotations and utilize vendor analysis techniques when choosing suppliers
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and handle fast-paced critical work environment.
- Understand, communicate and enforce Electrolux Home Products policy as it pertains to supplier and internal issues.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in fast paced, manufacturing environment with responsibilities for purchasing activities
- Advanced Degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing, indirect buying, negotiations, finance, and material management experience
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work autonomously, creative thinker, and problem solver
- Financial skills to assess the total cost of procurement
- Expertise in project management, procurement methods, and data analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingly help out in all areas of the operation, taking the initiative to help others with workloads
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical, sales, manufacturing, management personnel and business process owners
- Strong analytical skills and experience with spreadsheets.
- Good verbal and written communications
- Strong aptitude for details
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization;
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.