NA IDM Purchasing Senior Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Manager, Indirect Materials Purchasing leads the procurement for the indirect materials function. The Purchasing Senior Manager is responsible for developing the procurement strategy, strategic sourcing, operative procurement, and supplier relationship management. This role is responsible for working closely with the leadership team in managing and optimizing indirect material spend. This position also collaborates closely with the other North America procurement functions and serves as a key member of the NA BA Purchasing Leadership Team.
- Implement a comprehensive spend analysis for all categories, developing and implementing systems and processes capable of allowing NA spend in all categories to be visible, categorized, and effective managed by Purchasing.
- Elaborate and approve annual Budgets, demonstrating the expenses evolution for each category, assigning effective resources to manage properly category strategy, effective negotiations, contract establishment, and supply base management.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of the sourcing strategy and optimized TCO.
- Conduct risk assessments and finalize required initial due diligence.
- Establish clear and category strategy, aligned with global guidelines; approve category strategy with key stakeholders and NA BA Purchasing Senior Director.
- Establish Contracts when is appropriate, conduct negotiations with the selected suppliers for allowing best acquisition cost while enabling access to innovation.
- Act as escalation point for commercial issues pertaining to supplier management.
- Continually review contracts to identify consolidation opportunities and synergy effects.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, or related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience in strategic sourcing, procurement, or vendor management.
- Experience from Business-to-Consumer industry or Project Management preferred.
- Experience negotiating purchasing contracts, within all areas of Indirect Material and Services.
- Experience in Direct Material and other Purchasing activities is also an advantage.
- Specific experience in digital transformation tools and techniques is a plus.
- Working knowledge of all legal aspects of contract management.
- Proven track record in delivering savings through effective purchasing techniques.
- Proven ability to work across national and international regions as well as functional boundaries to achieve the best result.
- Experience at managing sourcing at a in a holistic way.
- Experience of developing and implementing effective procurement processes.