NA Sr Automation Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will drive the Automation Strategy for North America, ensuring the application of the Group Standards and building the required Automation Competencies within the factories, to achieve the NA Automation targets.
You will coordinate, support, and develop the automation project leaders
in the factories all along the life cycle of the automation projects (from concept
definition, design for automation, design review and commissioning to
production ramp-up and equipment improvement).
- Manage the North America automation road map, keeping the 5-year plan updated in terms of Automation Capex, Saving and Automation level.
- Ensure the application of group standards on components, specifications, programming style guides and standard automation cell concepts.
- Develop the automation competencies in the Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance teams in the factories.
- Provide monthly updates to upper management.
- Facilitate the automation assessments in the factories according to group procedures for Assembly Automation, Material Handling, or other specific technologies.
- Develop and support the automation leaders on key milestones of the continuous Improvement Automation Projects, ensuring a standard procedure is applied across the business area.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Engineering University degree (Bachelor or Master).
- 10+ years professional experience in industrial automation and project management.
- Proven experience on Industrial Automation programs in manufacturing industry.
- Strong technical and management skills within inter-cultural organization.
- Experience on Robot implementations for Automated cells.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.