NA Sustainability Manager - Operations
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Electrolux is committed to Shape Living for the Better and has committed to becoming carbon neutral in Operations by 2030. The Mission of the North American Sustainability Manager is to lead the implementation of Business Area Sustainability Strategy for all manufacturing operations to achieve global and plant level goals for water, energy productivity and climate neutral manufacturing. This position reports directly to the NA Operations Sustainability Director.
- Develop roadmap to achieve company sustainability targets
- Lead cross functional teams to drive sustainability strategic plan across all manufacturing sites.
- Ensure timely and accurate data from the reporting sites into the global database.
- Drive monthly calls with Site Operations Sustainability leaders to ensure each site is achieving the assigned goals. Drive additional recovery action plans as required.
- Conduct annual physical audits of the factories and offices to assess their conformation to the Green Spirit program.
- Work with the factory Green Spirit teams to identify projects and initiatives to improve energy and water productivity and the drive to climate neutral emissions.
- Interact with the other Business Area Operations Sustainability Leaders for monthly reporting and best practice sharing.
- Develop and maintain annual timelines for actions and events for the North American Green Spirit programs and teams.
- Drive the achievement of ISO 50001 certification for the Business Area.
- Evaluate the skills of the plant level Green Spirit Leaders and provide training to ensure highly effective program leadership.
- Coordinate deeper analysis of data and results to determine possible actions and provide insight into current kpi performance.
- Together with the North America communications teams, develop e-gate article pipelines to communicate developments in the sector Green Spirit program.
- Encourage and coach the factory Green Spirit teams to submit high value Sustainability Award projects annually to Group Sustainability.
- Drive and organize an annual best practice workshop with the North American Green Spirit leaders.
- Work with the plant Green Spirit teams and Global Climate Neutral Project Manager to develop capital plans for submission and approval into the BA capital plan.
- Responsible to shape the Green Spirit culture in NA BA, through trainings, webinars and actions to involve all levels of the organization, improving awareness towards Green Spirit
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Minimum 8 years work experience in related field
- Certified Energy Manager or equivalent designation or experience.
- Experience with Management Systems and continuous improvement programs.
- The ability to motivate and lead projects and initiatives at the Plant and Business Area levels to completion
- Individual must be able to communicate effectively with senior management within Business Area and Global functions
- Global and domestic travel requirements at least 40%. Global business travel experience preferred.
- Good communication in Spanish is a plus.