Noise Development Engineer
Porcia, Italy – permanent
Pioneer the technology enabling millions of people to a better human comfort.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia (PN) within the Mechanics and Hydraulics Global R&D Team with different colleagues from all the different R&D dpt..
We are looking for a Noise/NVH Engineer who will perform noise laboratory activities for Fabric Care (WM/WD/TD) and Dish Care (DW) in cooperation with different Electrolux departments (e.g. Governance Centres, Regional Product Developments, Electric & Electronics, etc).
You’ll have the chance to develop and maintain internal testing procedures, support definition in noise specifications for components, modules and machines with an innovative approach and following continuous improvements initiatives.
Your main tasks:
• Execute laboratory noise activities according to timing, target and quality of results
• Support in machine noise performance and the definition of related parameters (noise insulation kit, declaration values,..) of the different products, module and components
• Guarantee laboratory test capability
• Develop test procedures and methodology to improve noise quality and speed up projects testing
• Generate improvement and innovation proposals
• Support collaboration with Universities, Test Institutes, Institution, Relevant Partners
• Support decisions on cycle design for achieving proper noise targets
• Support competitor analysis (teardown, cost analysis, benchmarking) on noise domain
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or similar experience (1-3 years).
• Knowledge of laboratory equipment, data acquisitions system, testing procedures and evaluations of results is a plus
• Knowledge of testing methods and tools in the Noise area of expertise
• Knowledge of statistical methods and tools
• Fluent English, written and spoken
• Italian would be considered as a plus
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.