North America Category Manager - Plastic Transformation
Purchasing & Sourcing
Global Category Purchasing & the role:
Within the Global Purchasing Organization, North America Category Manager Category Manager has the key responsibility of developing and maintaining a competitive, supportive and high performing portfolio of suppliers to be utilized by the Product Lines.
Our mission is to ensure the award of businesses to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models , Supplier Development methodologies, etc… fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility.
We operate in all the regions (Business Areas) with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners as: Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on well-developped social, technical, and financial skills to meet / exceed business objectives. This position will provide excellent growth experience with significant and highly visible value creation responsibilities.
The North American Category Manager is responsible for:
- North America Category ownership for the materials and components included in the category
- Work with Product Line Purchasing and Business Area Purchasing to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Product Line and Business Areas requirements.
- Provide collaborative leadership to the Product Lines Purchasing and Business Area Purchasing to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies.
- Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage , promote complexity reduction,simplification,modularization, cost performance and innovation driving :
VBS process- Early involvement of the suppliers in new programs
- Supplier Development( automation, quality improvement , productivity increase )
- Sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Product Line Purchasing and key stakeholders ( Product Line, Quality , Manufacturing , Design ) .
- LTA negotiations
- Suppliers Selection/ Portfolio Management
- Cost Modeling analysis
- Innovation Prospection & Sustainability change agent
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain strong supplier relationships with extensive negotiation skills.
- Develop the expertise in continuous improvement of sourcing methods, tooling capability understanding, deep knowledge of the supplier industrial process, financial situation
- Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for data research, analytics, and management of direct material category strategies.
- Support the development of annual budgets and 5 year strategic plans for the Business Area identifying opportunities and risks.
- Support business area in generating a pipeline of initiatives and projects to deliver productivity targets.
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Support RFQ and other strategic sourcing activities.
- Manage and evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
- Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction.
- Participate in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing.
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Area.
- Support Program Management on new model Launches and platform refresh programs.
- Address / support resolution to supplier driven performance issues
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
- Other duties as assigned
Reporting to: Purchasing Director, Global Chemicals - Plastic Transformation
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Management, or Equivalent
3-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required
- Proven Track record of managing and delivering cost reductions, innovation, and overall value creation.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels
- Strong leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
- Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application.
- Strong knowledge of direct material categories.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
- Knowledge of supplier processes, cost drivers, and efficiency improvement opportunities
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good cross functional working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Expert in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Ability to manage large data sets, and convert to actionable information / intelligence
- Ability to effectively taylor communication from entry level to executive level audiences
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Some travel will be required (up to 30%)
Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.