North America Sr. Manager of Talent Acquisition
This leader will be responsible to develop the North American talent acquisition strategy. The Sr. Manager of Talent acquisition will develop our roadmap to become a best in class talent acquisition team and will lead the strategy, design and delivery of end-to end recruiting processes to ensure the acquisition of top talent at all levels in the organization. The North America Talent Acquisition team supports the regional Headquarters, US and Mexico manufacturing plants, and our Canada and Puerto Rico offices. This position reports operationally to North America Talent Management & OD Director and functionally to the Global Director of Talent Acquisition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the Talent acquisition strategy & roadmap for the region
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation; execute strategies to improve hiring processes, build capabilities in data-driven decision making, talent forecasting, sourcing techniques, and interview best practices.
- Manage and develop the North America Talent Acquisition team (performance management, development, succession, etc.)
- Drive research about best practices, make recommendations to North America Talent Management
- Director & OD and Global Director of Talent acquisition.
- Partner closely with HR colleagues and business leaders to understand business requirements, develop and execute strategies to address current and future talent needs
- Develop and analyze Talent acquisition metrics and drive continuous improvement across the region.
- Collaborate with the Global Talent acquisition team in the development of initiatives, elevate regional needs and develop the strategy to implement initiatives in the region.
- Manage the overall budget for the talent acquisition team and provide guidelines and/or approval of other expenses related to talent acquisition efforts (i.e. Staffing and Retention agencies, career fairs, strategic partnership with organizations, etc.)
- Oversee our Applicant Tracking System (Cornerstone), collaborate with the global team to test quarterly releases, and make recommendations of system improvements, etc.
- Develop and implement the communication strategy related to recruiting efforts in the region (social media, universities, career fairs, job boards, etc.)
- Collaborate in the strategy and implementation of our Corporate and regional brand as employer of choice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Financial and business acumen.
- Understands business requirements and sets talent acquisition strategy with ability to manage budgets and cost allocations
- Depth of experience and knowledge in recruitment including proactive sourcing, interview techniques and candidate assessment
- Demonstrated experience in project management, having preferably led or minimally participated on project teams
- Demonstrated ability in using data to drive key decisions in leading function and daily operations
- Demonstrated experience as leader or member of project teams, strength in project management
- Experience in working with external recruitment agencies and search firms
- Knowledge and experience of how to effectively use social media in recruitment
- Understanding of legal responsibilities regarding recruitment
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels, working closely with senior business leaders on a regular basis and developing networks across the organization
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and adapt quickly to change
- High performer who takes initiative and produces high quality results
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, proactive and able to set work direction
- Strong team player with ability to work independently
- Flexibility to travel occasionally
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Human Resources, IO Psychology, or relevant degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing and leading a talent acquisition/recruitment organization
- Minimum of 9+ years of professional experience in the talent acquisition field supporting manufacturing facilities and HQ.
- Proven and progressive responsibility in Human Resources, particularly delivering and leading talent acquisition strategy and activities
- Experience with TA technology and tools
- Experience working in a multi-location and global environment.
- Blended professional experience working in the talent acquisition and/or Talent Management and development areas
- Demonstrated success leading in a matrixed organization
- Global mindset, with a sensitivity to and willingness to work across cultures and time zones