Northern European Product Safety & Liability Manager
Luton, United Kingdom
Support our teams to own the resolution journey for our consumers as they put Electrolux at heart of homes around the world. An opportunity to join the European Risk & Compliance Development team working across multiple Product Lines and Central Functional teams.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to help us shape our consumer ownership journey. Do you have relevant experience and a passion for delivering outstanding experiences to our consumers?
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
A wide ranging set of duties and responsibilities including forensic investigation of serious product safety incidents, leading R&D and Factory Quality teams to resolve product safety issues and implement improvement projects, leading Product Safety Risk Assessments with multi-departmental teams, managing technical aspects of liability claims, manage Global Products Safety databases and monitoring European markets.
Work with Service / Customer Care teams to understand consumer issues and how to further improve product safety, supporting central and local legal teams with product compliance issues. Involvement with UK national standards committees and shape the development of future product safety standards.
Key Operational Responsibilities
· Incident investigation and inspection of returned Alleged Incident Report (AIR) products at the Luton Product Safety Laboratory (LPSL).
· Provide safety testing, product risk assessment in conjunction with PL R&D and Product Maintenance teams on new products and product upgrades.
· Incident investigation and evaluation of safety incidents off site with independent forensic engineers where required throughout Northern Europe.
· Generate technical reports on the investigation & evaluation of products and identification of liability.
· Liaise with PL R&D and Quality teams on product safety issues to identify weaknesses and improvements.
· Support to Northern European National After-Sales Organisations.
The ideal candidate with have a wide range of skills and capabilities. Technical skills in at least one off: electrical / mechanical / engineering, materials science, safety sciences, or similar are a starting point. Additionally, the post requires existing, or the potential for project management / leadership skills and an understanding of product compliance and standards frameworks in Europe. Detailed technical knowledge of domestic appliances is not a pre-requirement but is an advantage. In addition:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, (in English).
· Good presentation skills, to provide extensive training to the organisation.
· IT skills, specifically Excel, and any relevant database experience.
· Languages: English essential, plus other European languages to a technical level are an advantage.
· Research skills, to introduce new knowledge into the organisation.
· University Degree: Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Applied Sciences or similar. Qualification by experience will be considered. Support will be provided for further professional development as appropriate.
Location & Travel:
Based at the Product Safety Laboratory in Luton, UK. Regular travel throughout the UK & Ireland for products liability inspections of consumers products, with claimant insurance company representatives and technical experts. Travel to support Northern European cluster organisations with forensic / liability technical issues.
Travel to other Electrolux R&D locations in Italy and Germany and manufacturing plants throughout Europe as required. Standards work, where appropriate. Although laboratory / office based, flexible working from home is encouraged. Extensive travel requirements require candidate to hold a full UK and international driving licence.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.