Occupational Health Nurse
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will provide site-wide leadership and expertise in matters of work-related health to ensure regulatory compliance and promote a zero-harm culture and productivity of employees by developing and implementing strategies, policies, and programs to effectively deliver work-related health services. Areas of expertise may include but are not limited to medical treatment, workers’ compensation, first responder programs, ergonomics, wellness programs, and family medical leave. You will promote and assist in establishing a zero-harm culture by developing site-wide strategies for work-related health through collaboration with the business, EHS and other stakeholders. This may include conducting research on the effects of hazardous work conditions or workplace exposures, which may include gathering and analyzing data and reporting findings.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. regulatory agencies and professional standards for occupational health care by supporting corporate standards and programs which may include industrial hygiene or hearing conversation programs.
- Provide support for issues dealing with work-related health, worker productivity, health and wellness,medical surveillance,fitness for duty,incident investigations,complex case management for workers’compensation claims, Americans Disability Act,and Family Medical Leave Act.
- Be Occupational Health expert and in the areas of ergonomics and support Operations with ergonomic assessments and inquiries.
- Provide routine and emergency treatment of employees' injuries and illnesses which includes follow-ups and/or referrals.
- Counsel employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them toward community resources and/or employee assistance programs.
- Manage and administer all work-related health programs including but not limited to first responder, drug/alcohol, personal protective equipment, and new hire health assessments.
- Assure confidentiality of personal health information and comply with established codes of ethics and legal or regulatory requirements and maintain the occupational health offices including supplies, medications and personal protective equipment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Must be licensed as a RN in the State of SC and certified as a CPR and First Responder
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of state and federal workers compensation and family medical leave laws
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs
- Ability to be "on call" 24/7 for emergencies and must be able/willing to flex hours to cover all shifts according to business needs
- Preferred bilingual English/Spanish with industrial hygiene experience
- Preferred ergonomic assessment and evaluation experience as well as continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing setting