Occupational Health Nurse/EMT
The Occupational Health Nurse will provide site-wide
leadership and expertise in matters of work-related health to ensure
regulatory compliance and promote a safe culture and productivity of employees
by developing and implementing strategies, policies, and programs to
effectively deliver work-related health services. Areas of expertise may
include but are not limited to: medical treatment, workers’ compensation,
first responder programs, ergonomics, wellness programs, and family medical
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and assist in establishing a strong safety culture by developing site-wide strategies for work-related health through collaboration with the business, EHS and other stakeholders. This may include conducting research on the effects of hazardous work conditions or workplace exposures, which may include gathering and analyzing data and reporting findings.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. regulatory agencies and professional standards for occupational health care by supporting corporate standards and programs which may include Workers' compensation, industrial hygiene or hearing conservation programs.
- Provide support for issues dealing with work-related health, worker productivity, health and wellness, medical surveillance, fitness for duty, incident investigations, and complex case management for workers' compensation claims, American Disability Act and Family medical Leave Act.
- Provide routine and emergency treatment of employees' injuries and illnesses which includes follow-ups and/or referrals and counsel employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them toward community resources and/or employee assistance programs.
- Manage and administer all work-related health programs including but not limited to first responder, return to work, drug/alcohol, personal protective equipment, and new hire health assessments.
- With a proactive approach act as the site work-related health champion for all wellness programs in conjunction with other teams.
- Assure confidentiality of personal health information and comply with established codes of ethics and legal or regulatory requirements.
- Participate in safety programs and assists in recommendations to improve safety performance and education.
- Maintain the Health Services Department including supplies, medications and personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- LPN or RN License in the state of Tennessee.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong ability for proactive and independent judgment with analytical skills for formulating decisions.
- Strong understanding of state and federal workers compensation and family medical leave laws
- Good written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be "on call" 24/7 for emergencies and able/willing to flex hours to cover all shifts according to business needs.
- Ergonomic Assessment and evaluation experience
- Continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing setting
- Capability to work under pressing business environment.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.