OEM Senior Sourcing manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
A Member of Global Sourcing Organisation,
reporting to the Senior Director Sourcing. The role of the OEM Senior Sourcing
Manager is to implement the Group Purchasing strategies developed in line with
Global Product Brands, for OEM Sourced products for the APAC/MEA Business Area,
whilst supporting the local product category organisations to ensure the cost
effective, timely sourced and procurement of quality products and their
effective introduction to the market place.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
Drive the implementation of Group Purchasing strategies for OEM sourced product purchasing with APAC/MEA. To regularly review and evaluate existing suppliers to improve the total cost of the sourced products, actively liaising with Group Purchasing functions.
- The identification & Evaluation of potential alternative suppliers within the Middle East, Asian and European region, closely liaising with Global Sourcing Organisation.
- To actively participate and drive OEM projects and products develop projects while owning Product Line (PL) budgets and coordinate all purchasing issues with the business area.
- To support the Product growth strategy in the given Business Area markets especially for Food preparation products.
- To proactively run Make v Buy projects, in order to assess the cost efficiency of internally manufactured products versus the cost to purchase from external suppliers.
- To ensure regular assessments of suppliers’’ quality, supply chain reliability and financial capabilities are carried out. Whilst also taking a proactive approach to driving supplier improvement initiatives , particularly regarding Supply Chain and total Quality;
- To conduct negotiations with suppliers and place commercial contracts as required by Global Purchasing;
- To ensure consistent compliance with GSO purchasing procedures with established Group Purchasing procedures.
- Manage, Drive Sector supplier price and payment terms KPI to improve Net Operating Working Capital (NOWC);
- Create Development and implementation of Product Line category strategy in agreement with the Business Area objective and Product Line Generation plan.
- Lead and manage the relationship and interface with suppliers, who can provide technological innovations and continuous improved quality applicable to Electrolux products and process.
- Qualification in Professional Purchasing is a preferred asset;
- 2 to 4 years of experiences in the Home Appliances industry is a preferred asset;
- Capability to deal with top management, internally and externally;
- Strong communication skills, in order to assume highly visible interface role with internal and external business partners;
- Outstanding team playing skills;
- Technical Engineering background is a plus;
- Experience in Food Preparation products procurement is a plus;
- In-depth international business experience preferably purchasing;
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Quality systems, with the ability to support and effect change within both field, an asset;
- A person who has the ability to effect change, with bias for action and the fortitude to challenge the status quo with results-oriented sense of urgency, while approaching change with respect for organisation and its past;
- Strong organisational skills, while ensure the ideas are converted into deliverable projects and tasks, within agreed and budget parameters.
- Energetic, creative, mature flexible;
- Ability to lead and influence people who do not report directly;
- Ability to manage conflict;
- Available of frequent travel throughout Asia and Globally;
- English language is a must and any other language is a plus;