Open Innovation Project Manager
Leverage external and internal capabilities to accelerate innovation and discover new directions by means of: building and maintaining a strong network; scouting innovative opportunities within the various ecosystems of innovation to address company challenges; empowering internal functions to turn such opportunities into applicable and actionable solutions; and promoting new trends of innovation to forecast or recommend new courses of action to the leadership of the organization.
Identify new and innovative opportunities for Electrolux Group in external Open Innovation Networks (e.g. start-ups, University spin-offs, Corporations in different technology and business sectors, etc.) to address internal challenges and support internal receivers in turning them into applicable solutions.
Key Operational Responsibilities
Deliver required activities to support the Open Innovation Strategy:
• Align with internal stakeholders about strategic areas and specific needs, both in terms of business and technology, supporting them in problem investigation or in envisioning the desired outcome so as to define a scope for the challenge;
• Define, project manage target innovation campaigns aligned with Electrolux strategy and set-up the appropriate initiative according to the OI service portfolio;
• Promote the OI Model, mentoring internal clients in different Electrolux departments in driving Open Innovation scouting autonomously;
• Engage with the external open innovation network, scout and identify innovative solutions, filter according to the agreed criteria and support internal stakeholder in screening them;
• Support Electrolux departments to deliver the critical activities to transform an OI opportunity into an Electrolux project (agreements, prototypes, business analysis and technology assessment);
• Build and strengthen open innovation network by fostering cross-collaborations and defining alliances with open innovation brokers, intermediate partners in academic, industrial, financial and institutional ecosystems to reach innovators worldwide;
• Support the definition of new collaboration mechanisms to contribute to the successful implementation of the Innovation Factory to enable the acceleration of open innovation.
Education: Business Administration, Management Engineering, International Management or Marketing
Past experience: 6+ year experience in project management, business development, consulting or as business analyst in a start-up or incubator
• Previous experience in open innovation, preferably from other business sectors
• Acknowledgment of technology road maps and identification of business strategic paths
• Analysis and definition of business models and business strategies according to market trends
• Methodologies and tools to evaluate business ideas and business plans
• Acknowledgement of partnership agreements and new alliance models, direct experience is a plus
• Analysis of consumer insights and identification of tech/business opportunities
• Techno-business mindset, entrepreneurial mindset, lateral thinking
• Ability to manage projects and people located in different areas of the world
• Project management and problem solving
• Ability to work in a matrix based organization and cross functional teams
• Open minded, versatility, flexibility
• Strong motivation, energy
• Strong communication skills, from executive level to junior staff members
Open Innovation is an open approach to run innovation that leverages external capabilities creating synergies between internal and external networks. Willing to find innovative solutions for existing and new consumers as well as for internal customers, Electrolux is open to build collaborations with other industries, universities, technology centers, small startups and even garage inventors.
Open Innovation is a global unit spread across Italy, Sweden (Stockholm) and US (Charlotte). By leveraging external and internal capabilities, the team supports in: scouting innovative opportunities within the various ecosystems of innovation to address company challenges; empowering internal functions to turn such opportunities into applicable and actionable solutions; and promoting new trends of innovation to forecast or recommend courses of action to the leadership of the organization.
Contact person: Ilaria Citossi