Operations and Monitoring specialist
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Operations and Monitoring specialist
Location: Porcia, Italy
Electrolux IT is responsible for the IT strategy of the Electrolux Group and how this is implemented throughout an extensive range of solutions, systems and applications that are fundamental for all the Group’s operations around the world. The Cloud and Hosting team is part of the Global Application & Infrastructure Operations organization within Electrolux IT and is responsible for providing server and cloud technical solutions and support, as well as day to day operations and system management.
We are looking for an IT Operations and Monitoring Specialist to strengthen our Global Operation Center team. You will be responsible for daily management and proactive monitoring of enterprise level systems. Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly operational functions. You will be the first line of defense for incident and problem management.
A TYPICAL DAY
• Responsible for monitoring all system status IE: Windows, AS/400, AIX, Linux, Networks Switches, and Routers.
• Manages system backups and batch processing i.e. BRMS, TSM, etc.
• Monitoring and general overview of Cloud based solutions and eventually work with tasks assigned on this area.
• Resolve errors that occur during provisioning or when modifying an existing virtual machine.
• Perform activities on behalf of cloud users: Change the state of a cloud resource to start, stop, or pause; terminate VMs.
• Coordinates and communicates with all responsible parties and user groups for major system outages, notifications, and enterprise updates.
• Assist customers and other IT personnel (1st and 2nd level support).
• Address or escalate any critical alerts via automated notifications or by manual monitoring.
• Follow problem escalation procedures to address issues in a timely manner.
• Contact and work with 3rd party vendors and global users.
• Resolving incidents through applying runbooks.
WHO YOU ARE
Communicative. You can easily communicate to different types of audiences and the ability to explain technical aspects in simple terms
Team player. You work smoothly with others to reach a coomen goal
Autonomous. You thrive when given the freedom to create your own rules and conditions
Agile. You work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
Proactive & open–minded. You’re not just solving the tasks you are given, you always think ahead
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma on Information Technology/Computer Science required
• Good Knowledge on Data Center and Cloud infrastructure, security, and connectivity
• Good Knowledge of main O.S. (Linux, Windows) preferable
• Good Knowledge of Hypervisor
• Experience in programming any scripting language on Windows & Linux environment
• Excellent Knowledge ok troubleshooting
• At least 2 years’ work experience as a computer operator or system analyst desirable
• Automation and Event Management approach.
Required Languages: Fluent English, Italian written and verbal
Availability: on call duty
ABOUT THE MANAGER
I like to describe myself as one of the team members who induce people to grow by working together. In my carrier as manager, I had opportunity to lead people from different countries and cultures creating the good mood to deliver great results, creating a strong cooperation and friendship. I’m always available to listen and take suggestions. Fair with the team, I do my best to give to my guys/gales opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.