Operations Controller APAC&MEA
The Operations Controller of the business area APAC&MEA is the Finance Business Partner for the business areas Chief Operations Officer and the Operations management team. The operations controller responsibility comprises the controlling of industrial operations, supply chain and quality. Thus the controller will work closely with factories and purchasing in order to guarantee a true and fair view of all financial and nonfinancial performance indicators, give proactive business insight and to drive actions and decision taking. The controller will be part of the global operations controller forum and will work closely with the global controlling function to safeguard the application of best practices in controlling methods.
Key Operational Responsibilities
- Operational Leadership and Reporting
- Operations Controller shall provide financial and business insight and advice on key business planning assumptions and opportunities with a forward looking and proactive attitude in touch with the industry, competitor and economic context.
- Key business support and critical consultancy for the Chief Operating Officer all operational and strategic financial and nonfinancial KPIs.
- Proactive support in decision taking on strategic and operational activities and projects in the operations area
- Planning, target setting and follow up of actuals of the key financial and nonfinancial key performance indicators and reports including variance analysis, comments and presentation packages including plants and the cross functional COO dashboards and KPIs like mix adjusted variable cost.
- Provide and support actions planning and forecasts based on the analysis.
- Lead the annual budget and quarterly forecast process for Operations.
- Ensure the compliance with agreed controlling processes (methods, rules, definitions) within global operations.
- Ensure the integrity of performance measures with the P&L
- Lead continuous improvement of controlling processes and implementation of best practices as result of active contribution and participation in the global COO controller forum.
- Drive cross functional holistic financial views as the interface to all other operational units (product line, sales company, and global operations) within his/her area.
- Lead the consolidation and reporting of the business areas capex reporting and planning.
- Lead the operations controlling team including factory controllers for the business area.
- Support to Strategic Decisions
- Support the strategic mission of operations and related programs and projects with financial insight and planning
- Responsibility for financial portion of the operations strategy for his/her area.
- Lead the financial and KPI content of the strategic plan (5 year plan) for his/her area
- Lead financial support of projects specific to his area, in coordination with his/her operations manager (e.g. footprint activities, restructuring actions, moves of products between factories within sector or global, important investments projects, digitalization of operations)
- Drive the implementation of controlling systems and digital controlling methods to gain efficiency and improved business support and insight
- Lead application of cross-sector business rules to drive growth
- Support of specific projects or follow ups cross product line
- Act as the center of knowledge for specific cost items or KPIs cross product line
- Academic Background - Bachelor (or equivalent) in Finance or Accounting is required.
- IT knowledge - good general knowledge (MS Office) is required. Knowledge of JDE is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in operations controlling (as factory controller or second line), finance with operational experience or in responsible controlling within another area in operations is essential, as well as experience in a multicultural/multinational company.
- Soft Competencies according to the job requirements and the "Electrolux Way" the candidate shall have the following skills
- Energy - Deliver results, Lading others & Self-ambition & drive
- Agility – Adaptability, Judgement & decision making, Acumen
- Openness - Consumer & customer focus, Cross-collaboration & networking
- Growth - Innovation & curiosity, Coaching others & self, Learning ability
- Needs to be able to work across all levels of the organisation and across cultures
- Needs to be able to “get things done” via influence
- Fluency in English, especially in listening and reading are the must.
Key Interfaces (Internal / external)
- BA COO APAC&MEA
- Plant General Managers
- Product Line and R&D Heads
- Head of Supply Chain APAC&MEA
- Global Purchasing Responsible and Controller supporting APAC&MEA
- VP Quality APAC&MEA
- APAC&MEA Finance Leadership Team
- Group VP Operations
- Global Operations Controller and Global functional controllers
- Direct reports: Regional Operations Analyst
- Functional reports: Plant Controllers (Rayong, Adelaide, Hangzhou, Egypt, Kwikot) and Supply Chain & Logistic Controller.