A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The RDC Operations Manager is responsible for driving safety, quality, and productivity performance within the RDC operations. He/she will also communicate with customers, vendors and operations to ensure customer commitments are met. The RDC Operations Manager will be responsible for the execution of programs, processes and initiatives designed to meet business needs at the best overall cost and service. You will work to establish procedures for maintaining overall company quality objectives while championing safety, innovation, customer focus, and a drive for results across RDC operations
- Provide daily leadership to supervisors with respect to productivity, personnel, quality and safety
- Hire, train and develop staff
- Make recommendations to the Facility Manager on programs to improve operations
- Manage equipment and coordinate all maintenance needs with the maintenance team
- Ensure all records/reports are completed on time and maintained appropriately
- Adhere to and enforce all safe work practices, ensuring the warehouse is compliant with OSHA and other appropriate standards
- Effectively execute the RDC quality programs
WHO YOU ARE:
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in warehouse operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain inventory, receiving and shipping activities
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Communicator, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and experience with Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement
- Experience with Third-Party Logistics (3PL) and strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, and WMS preferred