Operations Supervisor (Off Shift)
The Fletcher DSC is based in Fletcher, NC. This position works in a finished
goods facilities which is a warehouse
environment coupled with light manufacturing
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, this key position will oversee optimization and improvements in methods and processes of the distribution center’s warehouse and fulfilment. A knowledgeable, experienced individual with a strong background in distribution and fulfilment with much room to grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Active participation as a member of the leadership team. Supervision of distribution personnel who supports warehousing, fulfillment and equipment. Make recommendations on and coordinate assigned projects along with holding teammates accountable to daily deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Must comply with all EH&S regulations for the protection of the environment and maintain safe working conditions.
- Policies, procedures, and work instructions must be adhered to for quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Required to meet all operational financial objectives through forecasting requirements and adhering to the annual budget. Responsible for scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Develop and suggest improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout to implement changes.
- Participate in root cause analysis to identify problems and recommend changes.
- Monitor standard operating procedures and implement resolutions for process improvement.
- Accountable for evaluating their Leadership Team and providing feedback regarding job performance and expectations in a timely manner.
- May serve on cross-functional teams; responsible for multiple areas or shifts.
- Ability to lead and foster a team environment, utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative shifts as required.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both internal and external.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of SAP/WMS and understand workflow processes and procedures.
- Ability to handle the pressure of deadlines, coupled with frequent interruptions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
- Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-5 years of people management required
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Manufacturing/Distribution experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to function independently and multi-task
- Must have demonstrated people management skills, including the ability to motivate, mentor and train others
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead others
- Must be able to delegate effectively and hold other accountable for results
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Must be team oriented and dedicated to continuous improvement
- Formal training in, or proven track record of problem solving skills
- Must be well organized and able to recognize priorities and plan accordingly
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change and able to lead teammates during times of change
- Must be of high moral character and can perform in a manner consistent with Electrolux values and professional responsibility
- Must be able to lead by example and instill in others a sense of mission, urgency, enthusiasm and company pride
- Effective communication/comprehension skills – verbal and written
- Possess strong math skills Must have demonstrated ability to eliminate waste through cost reduction projects year-over-year
- Computer proficiency is a must