Outbound Logistics & Transportation Purchasing Specialist
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position is responsible to support all aspects of the Outbound Logistics and Transportation activities and strategy and to align and create buy-in from internal stakeholders/customers at a sector and global level. This position will work together with mentors, local operations teams, and supply chain engineers to design, implement, and maintain best in class logistics solutions. You will develop and maintain a network of service providers and be responsible to foster the relationship while engaging them on the best opportunities for our mutual success. You will work with the Inbound Logistics Team to leverage and find synergies between both areas and will work on process and procedures to identify efficiencies in the Outbound Supply Chain and participate in the global category meetings and support the implementation of the overall strategy where applicable for the Business Area.
You will work to define and facilitates cross-functional sourcing teams by managing and facilitating the collaboration within the cross-functional sourcing team. You will help to provide team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities of the strategic sourcing process, applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools. In this role you will align with local stakeholders to implement contract and ensure contract compliance, define, and implement contract framework, and track key performance indicators regarding contract compliance. You will create Service Level Agreements to mitigate business impacts vendor accountability and help to develop vendor Long Term Agreements to drive year over year cost productivity improvements. You will work to prepares and supports fact-based negotiation and supplier selection as well as reviewing vendor agreements to ensure commercial terms meet the needs of the business activity and liabilities are approved by the legal department.
- Develops and implements sourcing activities while leading internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team.
- Supports contract implementation through local indirect purchasers and resolves important issues and helps to evaluate contract compliance, data management and supplier performance and recommends necessary corrective actions.
- Evaluates and renews contracts by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and helps to control the ongoing monthly costs by monitoring the expenses and comparing them to the contractual obligations.
- Handle and analyze large data files while participating in pricing negotiation processes and uses creative ways to drive costs down through the establishment of long-term agreements.
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors) and manage those relationships / partnership with internal stakeholders during projects.
- Supports Development of procurement strategies to support alignment with stakeholder and business requirements.
- Develop and manage relationship / partnership with suppliers and track their performance as well as define and implement supplier performance evaluation model aligned with the SC KPI’s.
- Collaborate with contract managers for supplier management activities in accordance to the supplier performance evaluation model.
- Resolve supplier performance issues and lead supplier development activities; set up cross-functional review meetings with suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost.
- Initiate supplier audits and identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, logistics, or another related field, MBA preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent
- Leadership experience required with proven track record of delivering significant cost reductions
- Extensive knowledge of the purchasing environment for Logistics & Transportation with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies and implement changes
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g. fact-based negotiations and cross functional team collaboration)
- Knowledge of logistics and the ability to integrate supply chain components
- Knowledge of distribution and carrier management and supplier processes and cost drivers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications