Ovens Platform Manager, R&D Food Preparation
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Ovens Platform Manager– Forlí, Italy
Responsible for all appliance related development activities for assigned platform, including connectivity projects and CAE simulation activities.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
• Organize and follow-up of all product projects of that platform including:
- New features and aesthetical design
- Cost reduction projects
- Quality improvement projects
- Platform standardization projects
• Interface with relevant functions and departments (Product Line, Purchasing, Engineering, global Technologies, Advanced Development, etc.).
• Budget and personnel responsibility for the assigned team.
• Keep alignment of IPP (Generation Plan) with project planning resources, expenses and CAPEX.
• Drive application of innovations for that platform.
• Participate in and lead, when needed, concept development activities.
• Ensure timely new variant introduction.
• Reduce technical complexity.
• Create and maintain platform toolbox.
• Ensure compliance with both internal and external safety standards.
• Ensure product approval.
• Give final approval for introduction in production of new products/engineering changes.
• Responsible for team members and competences development.
A strategic thinker, able to look beyond immediate and obvious/narrow issues with a transformational business perspective
Network-oriented, capable of forming productive business relationships and leadership by influence
An inspiring leader with excellent negotiation skills
Self-motivated with strong intellectual curiosity and creativity
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Willingness to travel
Excellent interpersonal skills required
Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously required
Ability to work independently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering or Design related discipline or equivalent industry experience.
• Consolidated experience in both product development and introduction of new technologies
• Familiarity with program/project management as well as gated product development process
• Ability and experience in managing matrix organizations
• Innovation focus
• Strong Consumer insight orientation
• Awareness of Digital trends, e.g. simulation, automation, artificial intelligence
• Fluent English, other languages are considered a plus