A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will perform the development of product packaging for the Food Preservation, North America group based on corporate and management directives; apply sound engineering principles to accomplish expected goals and objectives; initiates actions necessary to begin new programs and follows them through production release. You will be responsible for the day to day performance of product packaging development assignments that can range in complexity from component level modification to a complete package platform and system redesign. You will apply engineering principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within cost constraints. You will interface with all departments, specifically Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing, as well as outside suppliers, vendors and customers within the scope of the position to achieve desired results and to provide or obtain necessary information. You will analyze packaging damage and determine course of action for correction and prevention and provide engineering management periodic status updates as required.
- Development, qualification and implementation of product packaging concepts that meet or exceed both in-house and customer testing requirements for NA Cold Products (Anderson/ Juarez) assist as required in the development of packaging designs for other items as needed.
- Lead design and project reviews and help develop project schedules to PCP guidelines in support of project goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in cost out development activities as related to packaging without suffering product quality or target performance measures
- Work with quality and service to identify and address any issues that are identified to be related to packaging
- Drive root cause analysis on any failures along with associated Risk Assessment
- Work with customers in development of packaging specifications and requirements to the benefit of both EHP and the customer as well as with the vendor base to ensure packaging meets all defined testing / quality requirements
- Direct the activities of assigned designers and drafters and prepare and direct preparation of engineering documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications)
- Oversee disposition of first piece sample approvals and demonstrate creative ability through invention or other significant contributions to the profession.
- Participate in prototype builds for design verification, support manufacturing verification builds and work with EHP OEM suppliers to ensure performance to set packaging specifications
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering required, concentration in packaging preferred
- 1+ years experience in design
- Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing, quality and assembly principles
- Experience and knowledge of packaging materials and testing methods
- Experience and knowledge in mechanical engineering as it would apply to product enhancements as a part of packaging development