Parts Information Specialist
Consumer & Customer Care
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Parts Information Specialist will support the North American service parts function for the Ownership Solutions business. This individual will be responsible for working cross functionally to identify and set up service parts offerings, prepare and create illustrated service parts lists (ipl), and help in managing the existing portfolio of service parts for all North American major appliance categories.
- Work independently, with minimal oversight, outside review, or editing.
- Produce service parts catalogs for major appliances as assigned by team leader, in accordance with factory and publications group production schedules.
- Set up service parts and support parts sales and parts marketing groups by issuing fast and accurate parts information, and by updating parts and service databases.
- Support new parts readiness process aimed at 100% by start of production.
- Partner with manufacturing facilities on part revisions and new SKUs implementation.
- Work with and gather information from contacts at other production facilities, parts, and service groups, Electrolux International, as well as printers, customers, marketing, and sales.
- Work with outside vendors to enhance and support electronic ipl offerings and grow parts information visibility and accessibility.
- Cross train on products outside area of primary responsibility, and on related services such as technical writing and graphics illustration.
- Focus on process improvement opportunities and participate in continuous improvement activities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 to 4-year college degree in technical communications, journalism, or applicable technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven Track record of delivering technical results that drive value.
- Experience developing or improving business processes.
- Ability to work cross functionally at various levels.
- Willing to travel up to 10%, mostly domestic.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in key systems utilized in the position (AS400, Catia, CorelDRAW, or similar).
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and factory bills of material.
- Ability to adapt to and quickly learn new systems and processes.