A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Responsible for off-loading trailers and containers, receive product into the warehouse. Ensure proper storage of product and loading of trailers/railcars with the correct product for each specific customer. Ensure all inventory transactions are done correctly and in a timely manner with the use of RFS and or computer. Must be able to operate lift- clamp equipment while following established safe work practices.
- Load and unload products from trailers using lift/clamp equipment and other material handling equipment.
- Store the products in proper inventory locations within the warehouse.
- Transport products to and from locations in a safe and timely manner.
- Sort, pack, and wrap, strap and label products as per customer requirements & company procedures.
- Monitor and maintain accurate inventory.
- Clean work area and equipment regularly by removing empty pallets, wood and plastic. Follow established 7’s best housekeeping processes.
- Follow established safety procedures and regulations to ensure safe and positive work atmosphere.
- Maintain forklift/clamp equipment by reporting breakdowns and recommending repairs to supervisor. Perform daily pre and post inspections.
- Maintain material handling equipment by cleaning, oiling, refueling and other necessary actions, and record all information on log sheet. Identify and report faulty equipment, damages, and safety concerns to Supervisor immediately.
- Follow production schedule to determine material requirements, movements, shipments, and deliveries. Record information regarding movement, supplies, materials and finished products.
- Execute in an efficient and accurate manner all steps of the customer order filling process.
- Adhere to Regional Distribution Center Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s): Safety, Units shipped, on time delivery, inventory accuracy, and scrap.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High school graduate or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in forklift operation, computer systems and distribution warehouse activities.
- Ability to integrate with all team members and be a team member.
- Complete knowledge of warehousing, shipping and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Evidence of safe forklift operation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (UPDATE AS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION)
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck.
- Lift up to 50 + pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time.
- Having a good sense of balance.
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season.