Planning Specialist APAC&MEA
• Provide expertise within the supply chain planning area, primarily focusing on S&OP and demand planning
• Support the sales companies in the APAC sector to drive improvements in S&OP, demand planning and phase in, phase out management.
• Represent the APAC & MEA sector for Global supply chain initiatives.
• Drive initiatives to improve Forecast Accuracy and Forecast BIAS
• Enhance the utilization of IT tools, fully utilizing the power of advanced planning tools (Demand Solutions – DSX), and BI tools (Cognos ), to drive business improvements
• Support other supply chain planning related improvement projects, including safety stock management, inventory management, requirements planning, S&OP
• Manage the statistical forecast engine in terms of set up and maintenance of key parameters and forecast algorithms
• Lead initiatives to improve the accuracy of the statistical forecast
• Collaborate with the sales company teams to develop standard promotion uplifts and apply these in the demand planning process
• Work with sales companies to get timely inputs on promotions, competitor developments and other business intelligence to include them in their demand plans
• Collaborate with the regional product line team, and the sales company teams, to improve the phase in / phase out process
• Collaborate with the sales company teams to develop standard curves for phase out / phase in products and apply these in the demand planning process
• Support the business with providing high and medium level sales forecasts in volume/value for S&OP and other business reviews
• Drive or support local, regional or global projects to improve the demand planning performance
S&OP (Sales and operation planning)
• Support the S&OP process across the various sales companies and clusters
• Initiate and support initiatives to improve the performance of the demand review processes
• Develop and generate business intelligence to support a demand review process that delivers maximum value to the company
• Pro-actively collaborate with supply chain colleagues, other departments and senior management to clarify and align on management objectives, to share and absorb information about business developments and performance and to highlight and address issues and opportunities
• Identify and manage risk within the supply chain. Highlight and address unethical/unlawful practices
• Use given key performance indicators (local, regional, global), monitor and report ongoing performance and improve performance against set goals
• Stay informed of advances in supply chain technology, methodologies and best practices and apply within the organization to improve supply chain processes and business performance in general
• Operationally: Planning Manager – APAC & MEA
• Functionally: Planning Manager – APAC & MEA
• Internal: Sales Company Supply Chain Managers, Sales Company Planners, Sector Supply Chain Management Team, Internal IT Resources
• External: DSX Support Team
• College Graduate or Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering or Business
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Supply Chain management (Demand Planning/Requirements Planning/S&OP), ideally in a sales/manufacturing organization within the (durable) consumer goods, automotive or electronics industry
• Excellent understanding of demand forecasting and requirements planning concepts and proven ability to apply these in practice
• Experience with planning, preparing and leading S&OP meetings
• Proven ability to consistently improve performance in the area of demand planning and requirements planning
• Is curious and has the analytical skills needed to independently investigate issues, develop solutions and articulate the associated business case
• The ability to perform as part of a management team
• Experience working with advanced supply chain planning tools (for example JDA (i2/Manugistics), SAP-APO, Demand Solutions, Oracle-VCP (Dementra), etc.)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Basic Project Management skills and ideally experience with Lean six Sigma Continuous Improvement methodology
• Language skills: both verbal and written fluency in English is a must. Additional Languages is a plus
• Operates ethically and with integrity and honesty. Is transparent in terms of his/her intentions and actions.
• Shows respect for the individual and embraces diversity. Makes safety and care for the environment a priority.
• Has a passion for innovation, is focused on the needs of customer (internal/external) and drives for results.
• Acts as a team player who understands that the collective is stronger than the individual and is willing to go beyond the formal responsibilities of the job to assist colleagues and drive overall company performance
• Has ability to influence his peers, manage upwards and motivate the team. Ability to negotiate with both internal and external parties. Manages expectations effectively.
• Expresses a high work ethic, is self-driven, energetic, adaptable and resilient when dealing with adversity.
• Self-aware, takes responsibility for his/her actions, is pro-active and result oriented.
• Has a positive attitude, deals with issues in a constructive and pragmatic manner. Effectively seeks inputs from (key) stakeholders to help create the best possible solution (from overall company perspective) and ensure the necessary buy-in to deliver results at speed
• Has the ability to build relationships across functions and organizational hierarchies (internal and external) and develop/maintain a collaborative environment.