Electrolux North America, Inc., a $5 billion manufacturing and sales subsidiary of AB Electrolux, is seeking an experienced Accountant to handle all aspects of our plant manufacturing activities. The position reports to the Accounting Manager – Supply Chain, North America and is based in Charlotte, NC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing month-end close responsibilities and financial reporting accurately as assigned and in compliance with internal controls
- Entry of Standard entries for all manufacturing locations
- Preparation of Allocations to Product Lines
- Preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Preparation of Month-End reporting to Corporate Office
- Provide frequent and timely support to various business partners throughout the organization
- Interact with Plant Controllers to ensure proper handling of costs
- Interact with Operations Finance team
- Prepare and provide financial analysis with variance to PLAN and Forecast in a timely manner
- Assist in Budgeting and Forecasting processes
- Standardize and streamline process efficiencies
- Identify and drive continuous Improvement in reporting and analytics
- Follow internal control procedures to ensure compliance
- Prepare information as needed for external auditors
- Perform other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to details and good organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Must possess a proactive work ethic, including the ability and desire to take ownership of process improvement and other projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible and dependable, able to meet business needs
- Operates with the highest integrity
- Understands upstream and downstream implications of his/her work.
- Effective problem solver in a fast paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven work environment; brings solutions instead of problems.
- Prior experience in a multinational manufacturing corporation preferred.
- Effective in dealing with others to obtain information required for financial reporting and disclosures.
- Flexibility/Adaptable to meet business needs.
- Experience with SAP preferred